No announcement yet.

**the official la lakers thread**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by loui_ludwig View Post
    I am suprised that the Lakers sign Ratliff and specially Barnes. This moved might have the Lakers preparing for a trade.
    Why??? Both pick ups were legit.......specially the Barns pick up....dude can still bring it like we saw him bring it with Orlando.....even Ratliff....he is old but def an upgrade from Mbenga.....we all loved "heeeeeeeeeey uuuuuuuuuuuu guuuuuuuuuuuuuys" but Ratliff even at 37 brings more to a back up roll.....

Comment

• Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post
      Why??? Both pick ups were legit.......specially the Barns pick up....dude can still bring it like we saw him bring it with Orlando.....even Ratliff....he is old but def an upgrade from Mbenga.....we all loved "heeeeeeeeeey uuuuuuuuuuuu guuuuuuuuuuuuuys" but Ratliff even at 37 brings more to a back up roll.....
      Yes, unlike Mbenga, Ratliff can actually be productive during the game. He's not the type of player you have to put in when the game is no longer in doubt. Even with limited minutes, he ranked 13th in blocked shots last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post
        Yes, unlike Mbenga, Ratliff can actually be productive during the game. He's not the type of player you have to put in when the game is no longer in doubt. Even with limited minutes, he ranked 13th in blocked shots last year.
        that's what im talkn' bout.....dude can still bring it on D.....

Comment

• On Shannon.....should he stay or go??? On Sasha....should he be traded to the Knicks for T Mack??? what say you???? here is a good read on all three subjects....

Lakers Silent About Shannon Brown's Future
          By Hadarii Jones (Lakers Featured Columnist) on August 3, 2010 3
          reads
          comments

Christian Petersen/Getty Images Another day brings another rumor about the New York Knicks' interest in Los Angeles Lakers' reserve Shannon Brown, while the Lakers have yet to make clear their plans for Brown's future.

Lakers' fans are left to assume that general manager Mitch Kupchak is sticking to his promise to resign Brown because he hasn't said his intentions are anything but that.

Brown has been the subject of plenty of speculation since the free agency period began for Los Angeles, but the intensity has increased in the past few days with rumors that Sasha Vujacic's expiring contract was being shopped.

There is still a small chance the Lakers could sign Tracy McGrady, but that scenario would likely mean their relationship with Brown was over, and Kupchak may be reluctant to trade Brown's youth for McGrady's experience.

There is also a strong possibility Brown's reluctance to come to terms with the Lakers is a result of damaged feelings from the team's failure to pay Brown what he felt was his full worth.

Brown was reportedly seeking a contract in the range of $4 million a year, but the Lakers' offer was around $2.8 million per year, and free agency prevented the two sides from establishing a compromise.

The Lakers signed Steve Blake, Theo Ratliff, and Matt Barnes in the offseason, and each player theoretically dipped into the pot Brown's contract would come from.

Unless the Lakers claim Brown's Larry Bird exception, the best deal he can probably hope for is a one year deal in which he would be an unrestricted free agent at the end of next season.

If the Knicks' rumored interest in Brown are true then the distant possibility of a sign and trade involving Brown and Vujacic for McGrady could potentially be on the table.

Before free agency began it seemed unlikely Brown would follow the path of the departed Jordan Farmar and Josh Powell, because the Lakers had stated that Brown was a priority.

In fact, Kupchak only mentioned Derek Fisher and Brown when mentioning the Lakers' most pressing needs for next season, but he may have backed off that stance.

Fisher easily resigned after briefly flirting with the Miami Heat, and although Barnes and Blake can't replace what Brown brings to the Lakers, they can soften the blow should he leave.

Brown's energy and athleticism would be missed, but the Lakers are a championship team regardless of Brown' presence, and his departure would mean the Lakers have the ability to sign another player.

Rookies Devin Ebanks and Derrick Caracter have shown promise and stand a good chance to make the final roster. Although Brown's return would be welcome, the Lakers have already had a successful offseason.

The smart move on Brown's part would be to weigh his options and think about what another year as a Laker could do for his future in the NBA.

The Knicks may offer Brown more money than the Lakers are capable of, but do they offer him the same chance to be part of something as special as capturing his second career championship ring?

The Lakers will be a contender regardless of Brown, so he must decide on whether or not he wants to be a part of a Lakers' three-peat quest, or does he want to view it from the confines of his New York City apartment?

Comment

• I want Shannon to stay. he plays hard and meshes well with Kobe which isn't easy. But if New York Gives him $4-5 mil a year he should go. He'd be great in that offense. Dude has 2 rings. He deserves to make as much as possible. Thats why I wasn't mad at Farmar or Josh Powell(wanted to keep him too) for leaving to take more money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
              I want Shannon to stay. he plays hard and meshes well with Kobe which isn't easy. But if New York Gives him $4-5 mil a year he should go. He'd be great in that offense. Dude has 2 rings. He deserves to make as much as possible. Thats why I wasn't mad at Farmar or Josh Powell(wanted to keep him too) for leaving to take more money.
              It is a business at the end of the day so I get that....but I think regardless of money if he sticks around at least one more year he will be better off in the long run....I say he signs with the Lakeshow for the 2.8 they offer...THEN he can have one more year to improve under the GOATS (KB and Phill) and THEN if the Lakeshow don't come up big on him then he should make that money.....but def give it one more year IMO.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Pricky Ricky View Post
                It is a business at the end of the day so I get that....but I think regardless of money if he sticks around at least one more year he will be better off in the long run....I say he signs with the Lakeshow for the 2.8 they offer...THEN he can have one more year to improve under the GOATS (KB and Phill) and THEN if the Lakeshow don't come up big on him then he should make that money.....but def give it one more year IMO.....
                I think his game is in agood space. he needs more PT and he can't get it with us this year, unless someone gets hurt. I just want to see him get what he deserves, He's played really hard for us.

Comment

I think his game is in agood space. he needs more PT and he can't get it with us this year, unless someone gets hurt. I just want to see him get what he deserves, He's played really hard for us.
                  How can I get down in the laker nation?

Comment

How can I get down in the laker nation?
                    Laker Nation kinda died out but you hit up Don Golpe on that.....

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/member.php?u=106601

Comment

• OH OH.....HERE COMES DAT MAN!!!!

AND KB24 SAYS........

Comment

Working...
                      X