No announcement yet.

For the Cuban boxing fans...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    Where've you been "Oracle"? I haven't been seeing you around. What happened to your prediction? You said Farenas would knock Gamboa out. Now you're stroking yourself with "Gamboa, almost KOed"? lmao Don't be silly. Michael definitely put on a good show, but Yuri knocked him down twice. You don't see me saying Gamboa "almost" knocked him out. Do you?

I don't know why you feel the need to attack Cubans. But as for your statement, we've only recently gotten back into pro boxing after half-a-century. (Casamayor was practically a lone warrior.) Some of our best fighters have relatively little pro experience. Rigo only has eleven fights. Even Gamboa only has 22 fights. Give us time.

Do us all a favor. Stick to individual fighters, not whole groups of people.
    You are my favorite poster..

Comment

Rigondeaux is a fine boxer and honestly an ATG in the amateur ranks, and he's beaten some decent opponents in the pro game also. Guys like Marroquin, Ramos, Cordoba, etc. Are no jokes.

Still think Donaire beats him. Just a better pro boxer with a vastly more proven ledger.

Comment

what's the name of that white undefeated cuban prospect? I like him but I keep forgetting his name

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
          what's the name of that white undefeated cuban prospect? I like him but I keep forgetting his name
          Angelo Santana...

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
            if you think that an 11 and 0 there's all it is to rigo, u are blowing smoke my friend
            Kazuto Ioka has proven more in his 11 fights than Rigo has. yet Rigo is vastly more respected even though in the pro ring, this kid is more than Rigo.

Comment

Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
              Kazuto Ioka has proven more in his 11 fights than Rigo has. yet Rigo is vastly more respected even though in the pro ring, this kid is more than Rigo.

I'm not familiar with Ioka's career. I've never seen him fight. Perhaps you're right, maybe he's proven more than Rigo in the same amount of pro fights. But the reason Guillermo is "vastly more respected" is because (for the hundredth time) he's a two-time Olympic gold medallist, won several hundred bouts (and lost a very few), and is considered possibly the greatest amateur boxer of all time...not to mention his evident talent and skill, and the praise by guys like Freddie Roach, etc.

Or perhaps it's because Kazuto fights at the very lowest weight-classes. Only the hardest of the hardcore follow those guys, sad to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cuban View Post
                You are my favorite poster..
                Gracias, bro. And thanks for the info.

Comment

I'm not familiar with Ioka's career. I've never seen him fight. Perhaps you're right, maybe he's proven more than Rigo in the same amount of pro fights. But the reason Guillermo is "vastly more respected" is because (for the hundredth time) he's a two-time Olympic gold medallist, won several hundred bouts (and lost a very few), and is considered possibly the greatest amateur boxer of all time...not to mention his evident talent and skill, and the praise by guys like Freddie Roach, etc.

Or perhaps it's because Kazuto fights at the very lowest weight-classes. Only the hardest of the hardcore follow those guys, sad to say.
                  You're right about the weight and Gold medals. Plus people have a hate for Donaire which goes a long way too. I was asking that guy because people will constantly talk about Rigo but I'm always curious as to how people can talk so highly about one fighter but with a little bit of looking you can see a guy who's outclassed everyone he's fought and has already won 3 world titles (Unified the 105 belts).

Something about the pro ring astonishes me. I mean I'm just an amateur but the pro ring seems so far away, yet so close.

Comment

Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
                    You're right about the weight and Gold medals. Plus people have a hate for Donaire which goes a long way too. I was asking that guy because people will constantly talk about Rigo but I'm always curious as to how people can talk so highly about one fighter but with a little bit of looking you can see a guy who's outclassed everyone he's fought and has already won 3 world titles (Unified the 105 belts).

Something about the pro ring astonishes me. I mean I'm just an amateur but the pro ring seems so far away, yet so close.
                    As some people are fond of saying, "Life ain't fair."

Good luck you on your professional aspirations!

Comment

As some people are fond of saying, "Life ain't fair."

Good luck you on your professional aspirations!
                      Thanks!

I'll definitely be there soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X