Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are so called "boxing fans"always complaining about boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Rigg View Post
    Business side to anything??? Not really, if that was true we would see the Lakers play Miami this year in the finals. Luckily Badketball is a sport not a business. That's the difference and don't be mad we as fans hate that about Boxing.

if boxing operated on the same model as the NBA ("a regular season" to qualify for a tournament of seven game series) it would fold.

the two industries are nothing alike.

hell, the NFL shares almost all of it's profits among the owners. boxing's owners (promotors,) are in direct competition with each other, with their own set of interests that are not unified with the rest of boxing.

Comment

lets have it right, there is alot to complain about.

top of the list for me was the two best boxers in the world bickering like a pair of schoolgirls and refusing to fight unless they got x y and z.

its becoming rarer and rarer that the best fight the best.

there are a bazillion titles in every weight class.

the wbc cant even follow their own rules.

then you have bob arum. He has put on some good cards obviously, but his refusal to work with another certain promoter is hurting the sport. the fans have every right to complain about this.

then we have issues with the judges, for example, brandon rios getting the w against abril, or tim bradley getting the w against pacquiao, and there are many many more.

so if you are still following boxing these days i think its safe to say you have to be a hardcore fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudiamonds View Post
        What kills me in my personal life tho is the you have people claim to be boxing fans but only watch Floyd fights lmao wtf
        You're lucky you missed the era of the Tyson fan. You want loonie....

Comment

So if I don't like a fighter like Floyd and don't buy his PPV but still watch it on a stream does that make me a fake BOXING fan?

I wouldn't think so since I'm still going out of my way to WATCH A BOXING MATCH.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Capncrunch View Post
            You're lucky you missed the era of the Tyson fan. You want loonie....
            oo the Tyson fan was worst, they only only watched Tyson..they would have paid 59.99 to see Tyson take a dump on the toilet.

Comment

Originally posted by rico ward View Post
              I have only been here a few days and most of the threads on here are filled with posters complaining about boxers,calling them all kind of names yet saying they will stream their fights.

They either do not like the match up's or seem to personally hate a fighter like they know them in real life.I love the sport of boxing and sure we don't always get the fights we want but there is a business side it just like with anything else.

I am not going to site on a website and post negative comments over and over again about a sport i claim to love. If it is that bad why not just find another sport to follow and then maybe you can be happy in your life.

2013 has been a damn good year for boxing in my opinion and we are net even half way through it yet. So instead of complaining go grab you a cold beer kick your feet up and enjoy the fights.

I wanna throw some green K your way, but you seemed to have gotten the boot.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
                oo the Tyson fan was worst, they only only watched Tyson..they would have paid 59.99 to see Tyson take a dump on the toilet.
                A friend of mine still swears he beats prime Clay. And will swear one hook will stop any prime HW great. They were a mad bunch and his fights against cans would draw HUGE fight parties, all for Mike. Wild stuff

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  if boxing operated on the same model as the NBA ("a regular season" to qualify for a tournament of seven game series) it would fold.

the two industries are nothing alike.

hell, the NFL shares almost all of it's profits among the owners. boxing's owners (promotors,) are in direct competition with each other, with their own set of interests that are not unified with the rest of boxing.
                  I know they aren't alike. Never said they were. Ts said boxing is a business like anything and why do we complain so I said that about the NBA.

Comment

This thread gives me hope. Some great answers in here. the story that somehow led to south korea vs north korea had me laughing.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower
                      Ok so let me explain the story.

Once upon a time, this site was run rapid by Pacquiao fans, from 06/28/2008 all the way to 12/08/2013.
                      They were were Pacquiao fans only, they did not know any other boxer, if It wasn't Pacquiao, it didn't make sense.
                      During this time they were picking Pacquiao to KO heavyweights all the way from a Prime Tyson and Vitali. Although they quiver at the very thought of when Sergio Martinez and Paul Williams called out Pacquiao and stated that Pacquiao was too small all of a sudden.

They started to hate Floyd Mayweather after failed negogiations of the first fight, they even attempted to argue that they had better boxing knowledge because majority were not black, mexican or puerto rican.

This created the F-l-o-m-o-s, crazy Floyd fans who felt that Floyd was the best thing since sliced bread. They feel that Floyd is better than all the legends simply because he is undefeated, even though Floyd has not taken the road to being great as of late. They support Floyd through and through and most of them also started watching boxing around 2008.

So now we have a North Korea and South Korea issue, BoxingScene is now full of F-l-o-m-o-s that are happy and content because Floyd is still winning.
                      Also Pac-tards, they are now Marquez and Sergio Martinez fans, Martinez because they feel that he beats Floyd easily, and Marquez because they are still butt hurt over what happen to Pacquiao so they are playing it off.

There are a few sane boxing fans here who are not fanboys, they are rare.
                      before the pacfarts, it use to always be the marge and cotton fans... lol not sure before then

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X