No announcement yet.

Dont expect a "canelo alvarez/mayweather fight" to fix floyds legacy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
    Don't trip. It's going to say "Ducked Manny Pacquiao" on his tombstone and in every book written about him post morte. I'm sure a good number of journalists are going to make a point of it. Floyd has many enemies.

Yeah, but you forget that Floyd still has the largest paying audience in the USA. He is an ATG and his legacy was secured long ago, no matter what a bunch of hypocritical and intellectually dishonest butthurt ****'s happen to spout on a boxing forum.

Comment

Originally posted by josenoway View Post
      and you're acting like plank boy's fights aren't money fights either?
      So by that line, you are admitting that Floyd is fighting for money. Maybe there is still hope for some of you. lol!

As for Manny, yes there was money to be made BUT Marquez without question has been his toughest opponent. Right? Going by how many of Floyd fans defend Floyd, Manny has been fighting top P4P fighter in his last 3 fights. One is still undefeated and the other is Marquez.

Floyd's last 3 opponents have NOT won a fight since facing Floyd. Floyd just took advantage and made his money before the average boxing fans discovered what's up!

You say not true? It's all a lie?

Mosley: Prior to the fight, Floyd said, "my game plan is going to take into consideration that Mosley is now old" ...and as we all knew inactive.

Cotto: Prior to announcing his fight with Cotto, Floyd said lines like, "Cotto even lost to Clottey", "how can I fight Cotto after he already lost to Pacquiao, Margarito and I even think he lost to Clottey". "Cotto is flat footed and been in too many wars".

BUT too sell the fight Floyd pulls lines like "Cotto is still undefeated" and the average Floyd fans believe without remembering the Cotto who has been in wars and lost several of them.

Comment

and plank boy ducked that same cotto with a cowardly 148 catchweight demand.

your boy got starched the phuck out, deal with it.

Comment

and if you want to have a period about recent fights, cry about pac's choice of 135 and 140 pounders while he campaigns at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldSugar View Post
            Has nothing to do with being a Floyd fan, it has to do with seeing the truth about what Floyd haters think of Floyd NO MATTER WHAT..

Exhibit A -
            Mosley storms the ring in September 09 looking for a Floyd fight.

Floyd is slightly taken aback, looks kinda shook. Fans rejoice and say "FLoyd is scared, he'll never fight Mosley!" a month later the fight is signed.

After Floyd wins - "Shane was old and lethargic" all the while Floyd had one fight in 2 years.
            Floyd hater? So does Floyd hate himself for speaking the truth? Read below:

Margarito fight happened in January 2009 while Floyd fight happened in May 2010. Mosley had no fights during that span.

Like I said in my other post, Floyd admitted it himself that we will not be seeing the same Mosley that we knew. Floyd admitted that his game plan will take into consideration that Mosley is now OLD ..... and was inactive.

FACTS: Mosley has not won a fight since Margarito was caught cheating and he fought a brickless Margarito who just got caught.
            Last edited by ADP02; 12-20-2012, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
              Floyd hater? So does Floyd hate himself for speaking the truth? Read below:

Margarito fight happened in January 2009 while Floyd fight happened in May 2010. Mosley had no fights during that span.

Like I said in my other post, Floyd admitted it himself that we will not be seeing the same Mosley that we knew. Floyd admitted that his game plan will take into consideration that Mosley is now OLD ..... and was inactive.

FACTS: Mosley has not won a fight since Margarito was caught cheating and he fought a brickless Margarito who just got caught.
              That doesn't change the fact that pretty much everyone was saying Floyd was scared to fight Mosley when Mosley entered the ring

Then when he beats Up Mosley, Mosley is all of a sudden no good anyways.

Hilarious how you're sucking Pac off for fighting "P4P guys" and losing to them but you discredit Floyd for dominating 2 P4P guys coming off his 2 year layoff.
              Last edited by GoldSugar; 12-20-2012, 09:39 AM.

Comment

There are no more legacy fights left for floyd. The only ones were Pac and Martinez, he waited until Pac was done and he wont go near Sergio at MW. All he has left are fights to make money. He blew any chance of enhancing his legacy by fighting once a year against mediocre opposition. One meaningful fight in the five years and even then it was against a faded Cotto that had already had his prime ended by the savage beatings sustained in his fights with Marg and Pac.

Comment

Floyd's legacy doesn't need to be "fixed". Floyd's legacy is secured. He is already a ATG and a first ballot HOF.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjames616 View Post
                    Floyd's legacy doesn't need to be "fixed". Floyd's legacy is secured. He is already a ATG and a first ballot HOF.
                    Basically. An Alvarez win won't change much--unless Alvarez goes on to have a fine career. A Martinez win, however, is pretty big. Not sure where he'll end up but he's pretty high already.

Comment

Floyd is fighting guerro in may, and Canelo is fighting Angulo. Tbh that's the wrong opponents for both to get each other ready for a later meeting.

Comment

Working...
                      X