Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charles Martin's Options: Arreola, Breazeale and Szpilka

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the best option would be Brazeale. He is coming off a win against a decent opponent and he showed a lot of heart in the fight.

Szpilka was just Ko'd and Arreola has been struggling lately.

Comment

i heard birdlegs will vacate to fight martin father than face povetkin

Comment

Wouldn't mind seeing him fight Breazeale. I was interested in the outcome of that fight back when they were scheduled to get it on and I'm still somewhat interested now.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          Chris Arreola, Dominic Breazeale and Artur Szpilka are the three opponents being seriously considered for IBF heavyweight champion Charles Martin's first title defense.

Martin is expected to face one of those three foes sometime late in April, according to a source close to the situation. The date, site and network have not yet been determined.
          [Click Here To Read More]
          Tyson fury is stripped of his belt and these 4 turds take centre stage?

Comment

Breazeale showed me something during the Mansour fight, the dude has heart at least. He was getting dominated and he got dropped, he got up recovered and kept fighting and he did catching Mansour with a nasty shot that made him bite a hole in his tongue.

I don't know enough about Martin to be honest so I can understand why nobody is taking him serious as a Champion, he is going to have to earn his respect and rightfully so!

Comment

Arreola lost his last one no matter what the cards said, and got a gift w/the draw vs Kassi. His chin would give out vs Martin, probably by mid rounds. Brazeale got a gift when Mansour had to quit. THAT would be a great rematch IMO. As for vs Martin, that's winnable for him vs an iffy contender. Szpilka is a great boxer, active, solid. Just doesn't have the size.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                It won't be Szpilka. Breazeale or Arreola are alright opponents for a first defence. If it's Arreola I hope he doesn't come in any lighter then 250. He doesn't have the one punch power nor does the lighter weight make him any faster. At least when he's 250-260 he can take punches better & he still has his moments of all out offence. He's aggressive so we could see a spectacular knockout. I don't like Arreola or Chisora coming in under 245-250. It doesn't help them...
                I agree 100%

Comment

Charles Martin????

Travis Kauffman clearly beat Arreola on Dec. 12th. 2015 and if anyone deserves a shot at Charles Martin is Travis Kauffman

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                    Arreola lost his last one no matter what the cards said, and got a gift w/the draw vs Kassi. His chin would give out vs Martin, probably by mid rounds. Brazeale got a gift when Mansour had to quit. THAT would be a great rematch IMO. As for vs Martin, that's winnable for him vs an iffy contender. Szpilka is a great boxer, active, solid. Just doesn't have the size.
                    Kauffman deserves a shot at Martin since getting robbed against Arreola

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                      Why would Szpilka be an option? He just got sparked by Wilder earlier in January. Usually you have a couple 'tuneup' fights before contending for a title again.

Anyway, I think Breazeale is the best of the three possible opponents listed and would be the most competitive against the untested Martin.
                      Because is about making money before the IBF name a real contender, I wrote on here that Martin will beating up on jobber like Arreola, Szpilka , Cunningham, Oquendo, Chisora, and Malik Scott...

Maybe if Fury beats Klitschko again , Klitschko can take a easy fight in the fall win that then IBF order Klitschko vs Martin for early 201... Klitschko CAN retire with a belt

Comment

Working...
                      X