Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kevin Iole is 100 percent Correct about Adrien Broner in this Article.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
    For Broner to be a ATG he has to fight somebody. Look at his resume he has no one on there, **** just looking at his resume it sucks, he fought tomato to C level fighters at best. The only real opponent he faced was Chino and got beat.
    To be fair, the demarco win was pretty solid at the time... Also the Jason litzau blow out was solid for a young prospect version of broner... Ponce and pauli were too close for comfort.. The rest has been pretty much crap

Comment

Originally posted by Brush My Hair View Post
      Demarco was good.

Ponce De Leon was good and Broner won 97-95 on my card
      They were ok, but nothing any close to worth mentioning on someones resume, especially how little 122lb Mares did against PDL and compare that to how Broner did.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        To be fair, the demarco win was pretty solid at the time... Also the Jason litzau blow out was solid for a young prospect version of broner... Ponce and pauli were too close for comfort.. The rest has been pretty much crap
        Demarco wasn't all that, just a decent win. 135 was and still is terrible and demarco was never that good in the first place. litzau had already been KTFO a couple times, just a bad chin on that guy. Broner really benefited by being huge for the division too.

But I'm not complaining about his resume, it's not bad. I just don't think he's that good. The Ponce fight we could pass off by saying he was young, just experience that's all. But then 4'11 Gavin Rees was finding holes in his defense tagging him before the inevitable size difference finished him off. And then Paulie almost beat him. And of course Maidana. So it became clear it wasn't that he was just young or had a bad night, it's just that he's simply not that good. His footwork isn't good, his stance is ******ed which I'm sure causes his balances issues. He completely locks up when his opponents are throwing punches. He does have some good qualities though of course, he's no bum. But he's got a lot to work on if he's going to be elite and I just don't think he has the team, or the mentality to make the adjustments needed.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
          Demarco wasn't all that, just a decent win. 135 was and still is terrible and demarco was never that good in the first place. litzau had already been KTFO a couple times, just a bad chin on that guy. Broner really benefited by being huge for the division too.

But I'm not complaining about his resume, it's not bad. I just don't think he's that good. The Ponce fight we could pass off by saying he was young, just experience that's all. But then 4'11 Gavin Rees was finding holes in his defense tagging him before the inevitable size difference finished him off. And then Paulie almost beat him. And of course Maidana. So it became clear it wasn't that he was just young or had a bad night, it's just that he's simply not that good. His footwork isn't good, his stance is ******ed which I'm sure causes his balances issues. He completely locks up when his opponents are throwing punches. He does have some good qualities though of course, he's no bum. But he's got a lot to work on if he's going to be elite and I just don't think he has the team, or the mentality to make the adjustments needed.
          You also think broner beats molina easy? Molina ain't really good to begin with

Comment

The only person with the skill right now to take over boxing is Andre Ward. But he's slowly flushing his career down the toilet...

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
              You also think broner beats molina easy? Molina ain't really good to begin with
              Easy? Probably not easy but I agree Molina isn't that good either.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                yes he has a chance to become a big star in boxing but its going to take a hell of a lot of cherry picking and some of the best management ever seen in this universe. he's just not very good. we've seen enough fights. we know his style. he goes life and death with mediocre boxer types like paulie and taylor. he gets bashed up by a good but not great aggressive types in maidana. start over try again. we got another berto on our hands. i've had enough of this baby and his easy fights. he shouldn't be in the top 10. he barely beats taylor and he's in the top 10? algeiri did the same thing and wasn't in the top 10. climbing the hype ladder. if he beats molina will he be #1 contender? soto just beat molina is he even in the top 10...
                Well, Haymon will do everything to protect this dude since Floyd about to hang em up, he'll need a new cash cow. He has the movements and flexibility from the waist up according to Joe Goosen w/c I agree. The arrogant persona, the hate him but I wanna pay PPV just to see him lose. Same thing why some people buy his big bro's fight, to see him lose. So get use to seeing Broner fight mismatches that'll make him look good.

Comment

I see Iole is back on the Haymon payroll.
                  Where are all the guys that were bashing Kim?
                  Oh yeah, and like Natas said Broner ain't that good...he's aight.

Comment

Dude is straight ASS.

Comment

Originally posted by fighter1234 View Post
                      The only person with the skill right now to take over boxing is Andre Ward. But he's slowly flushing his career down the toilet...
                      Ward glitters started to fade and there's no one to blame but himself. All that skills and talent just wasted, and he's not getting younger either.

Crawford for me is the next big thing. GGG is our Tyson in this generation, and Kovalev is another fighter to keep an eye for. Both GGG and Kovalev are past their 30's so they have 3 to 4 good years left in em.

I would love to see Crawford fitted against the pretender once Crawford get used to fighting at 140. Dude just have too many attributes to be an elite and face of boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X