Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Berto Breakout The Shoulder Roll Saturday?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was classic against Guerrero

Berto: "Shoulder roll! Shoulder roll! Shoulder ro-" BAP! "Aw, my face!"

Comment

Originally posted by JoeKidd View Post
      Berto offers the shoulder, not the roll.
      He actually doesn't.

He offers the body defense, and the right glove up defense...

But he doesn't tuck the chin, and doesn't roll.

Matter of fact if you watch him vs Guerrero, when punches come in... he tries to block them with his lead forearm. It's amateur hour at it's peak.

He doesn't tuck his chin, it's the number one thing people fail at when attempting that defense.

Comment

this is all im waiting for this Saturday...i wanna see Berto shoulder roll his eyes shut again

Comment

Berto has gotten a lot of hate over the years because of his salary on HBO for fighting less than stellar competition.

The truth of the matter is, they would all take the same road if they were given it.

As far as his skills, he's damn good, but he's not the next anything.... what we got instead of the next top welterweight... is a pretty damn good and fast fighter with BALLS.

ONE fight of the year with Ortiz in 11' and one FOTY candidate with Guerrero.

Like Berto or not, but he's been in some of the best fights of the last two years... the kid has heart.

Comment

Originally posted by Em1 View Post
            I'm dying to be entertained.
            I doubt it, but if he did he'd deserve whatever he has coming, but i believe that Tony Morgan (his ex trainer) made him do it. I believe Berto will KO Soto-Karras though.

Comment

Working...
            X