No announcement yet.

****e lee, samuel jackson team up for oldboy remake

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ****e lee, samuel jackson team up for oldboy remake

so... the remake of the manga inspired, korean made revenge flick fall to the very capable hands of ****e lee to be starred by samuel jackson...

thoughts?

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=34929
    Last edited by talip bin osman; 08-20-2012, 07:37 PM.

ill be surprised if it isnt better than the first - slj is the perfect role for this remake. thanks for sharing man

Comment

Originally posted by Manos_de_Piedra View Post
      ill be surprised if it isnt better than the first - slj is the perfect role for this remake. thanks for sharing man
      no problem man... oldboy was the best revenge flick i've seen... so far...

Comment

Man, Hollywood needs to keep it's greedy hands off that classic, they're just gonna froch it up. Oldboy is one of the best movies I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
          no problem man... oldboy was the best revenge flick i've seen... so far...
          yeah, taken was also a good revenge flick - but not on par with oldboy...

Comment

ill be surprised if it isnt better than the first

There is no way some crappy Hollywood dumbed down version is going to be better than the original Oldboy. Put the crack down brah'.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
              There is no way some crappy Hollywood dumbed down version is going to be better than the original Oldboy. Put the crack down brah'.
              it may not be as good as the first, but when u have lee and slj doing it - i have high hopes....

Comment

have you people seen the original version of infernal affairs? i think it was a biiiiiit better than the scorsese helmed "the departed..."

i dunno maybe its bcoz i was so enamored with the original version... perhaps its just a built in bias rooted in human psychology or something kicking in...

Comment

I dont like Samuel for this part at all

Comment

it may not be as good as the first, but when u have lee and slj doing it - i have high hopes....
                    I honestly don't see the appeal of Lee at all to be honest, he's not suited to helm a movie of this caliber at all. I love Jackson, but only as a supporting actor, not as the leading guy. For me to get kind of excited for an unnecessary Oldboy remake, I would have to see somebody like Nolan, Fincher, or Aronofsky sitting on the director chair.

Comment

Working...
                    X