No announcement yet.

British Sport

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Sport

Amidst all of the doom and gloom regarding us British failing at various sports this year, people are forgetting that we are still doing terrificly well at boxing, one of the most popular sports on the planet.

The undisputed world champion of the super-middleweight division, Joe Calzaghe, recently joined the elite few boxers in history who have had world title belts in two different weight divisions at the same time.

We also have another undisputed world champion in David Haye, as well as several other world champions. It is about time our boxers got the recognition that they deserve.

Don't forget that we have also been to two World Cup finals in a row now in rugby union!

who is talking about doom and gloom ?

**** Calslappy he is Welsh im only interested in British sportsmen who dont hate the English otherwise they can **** off , id never support that **** im a proud Englishmen and i dont take kindly to pricks like Calzaghe and Murray

u are only on the Calz banwagon cause he is successfull if he was a loser he would be Welsh not British and u would not give a **** about him, some people are desperate for success eh

some people actually wanted Chambers to run because he had a good chance of a medal so ****ing what he is a cheat ,if Messi wanted to play for England through citiszenship i would not want him to cause it woulld be a hollow victory same as Chambers if he had won a gold medal

strong views i know but **** it they hate the English i hate them ****ers back
    Last edited by Dynamite Kid; 07-19-2008, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Calzgahe once said that he was very proud to be British but that he was Welsh first.

I think that is fair enough from him really, especially considering that he has helped to put British boxing back on the map.

He also claimed to be very, very honoured when the Queen of England invited him down to Buckingham Palace for a CBE.

Comment

Originally posted by hardmanbrit View Post
        Calzgahe once said that he was very proud to be British but that he was Welsh first.

I think that is fair enough from him really, especially considering that he has helped to put British boxing back on the map.

He also claimed to be very, very honoured when the Queen of England invited him down to Buckingham Palace for a CBE.

he also claimed he hated the English before all of that

he is not a proud Brit he is a proud Welshman that deep down cant stand the English but he says he is British to get a bigger fan base and make more cash simple as that

he has put British Boxing on the map im not insecure enough to care about that TBH ,British Boxing was well respected before Calzaghe its just some people are insecure about Britains credentials regarding sports in general so they overate those sportsmen and turn people against them

and this thread is a testiment to that

Comment

People who are not english don't give a **** about england. This is not rocket science. That upsets nationalists like Terrible who thinks Britain == england, He of course does not give a **** about Scotland/Wales/N.Ireland. Then he acts surprised why non english people like Calzaghe and Murray don't give a **** about the english. The quicker the UK breaks up the better, then Terrible will go back to blaming why blacks are hated in england.

Comment

Originally posted by Rkicards View Post
            People who are not english don't give a **** about england. This is not rocket science. That upsets nationalists like Terrible who thinks Britain == england, He of course does not give a **** about Scotland/Wales/N.Ireland. Then he acts surprised why non english people like Calzaghe and Murray don't give a **** about the english. The quicker the UK breaks up the better, then Terrible will go back to blaming why blacks are hated in england.
            Why do u post here honestly i just cant understand why TBH

i have explained this to u before son i dont hate Irish or ,Welsh ,Scottish people i have nothing against them what so ever and im feel sad that the Scottish ,Welsh football team has not had the good fortune to get to major Championshiops for a while cause they deserve some success after such a lean period ,and im not trying to patronise them or be sarcastic i genuinely feel for any football fans who have had little to shout about and i understand England falls into the same catergory ,its pricks like u that want to divide with your hatred i wanna us to be one but if people dont show willing then i have not interest

like i said i only dislike them and will not support them if they show an unwilling to get along ,i dont expect any favours just keep your mouth shut and dont insult us that is not to much to ask

Comment

Originally posted by Rkicards View Post

A truly bizarre post from another bigoted American.

Comment

Originally posted by hardmanbrit View Post
                A truly bizarre post from another bigoted American.
                I count my self as a Nottinghamonian first, and this year we have a 2x Gold medallist in Rebecca Addlington, and after this weekend, a WBC SuperMiddleweight titlist in Carl Froch. Not bad for a crime capital.

National pride is a little complicated though. I like to say i'm british, but in reality, an Englishman is what i am. When it comes to football, rugby etc... there's only one team to support.

I accept Calzaghe is not English (although he was born in England) and Murray is Scottish. So what. I'm a Nadal fan anyways.

Plus, Hamilton is English.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrible... View Post
                  he also claimed he hated the English before all of that

he is not a proud Brit he is a proud Welshman that deep down cant stand the English but he says he is British to get a bigger fan base and make more cash simple as that

he has put British Boxing on the map im not insecure enough to care about that TBH ,British Boxing was well respected before Calzaghe its just some people are insecure about Britains credentials regarding sports in general so they overate those sportsmen and turn people against them

and this thread is a testiment to that
                  Show me the proof where calzaghe said he hates the english? nazis hated the english, osama bin laden probably hates the english so why should joe hate the english?

Comment

How racial can you get? You didn;t mention Lewis Hamilton who did better than all of them. Plus he didn't race aghainst Schumacher and Damon Hill, lol. You guys should be ashamed of bragging about Calslappy's 'acheivements' Amelie Mauresmo will win more Grand Slams than Murray ever will=0. And that fugly bird Rebecca Adlington makes me sick, and them olympic sports are bogus fitness tests and you know it! Rugby is for puffs. What you left with? Just Lewis who is a Jamaican in reality.

Apart from Lewis you suck major balls. the main problem is in the main sport of your nation and the world is something that you can't excel in because you lack the CAJONES. They didn't even concede a single goal in germany but still went home packing! You haven;t even won a single major Football tourney with a goal that crossed the line whereas we have won THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

France>>>>>>>>England

Vive La France!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X