No announcement yet.

Is Prince a poor man's Michael Jackson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monaco Slim View Post
    I'll give you Hans Zimmer, but the other 99% of those ****s have been dead before Hitler's great grandfather was even a sperm cell. F**k Germany
    Kraftwerk, the pioneers of modern electronic music, were dead before Hitler?

Edit: And yes, the others might be long dead, but that doesn't change the fact that they made music what it is today. Everything we know about modern tonality, functional harmony, chord structure, counterpoint and orchestration comes through them. Even moving into the avant garde and atonal music.
    Last edited by BennyST; 04-23-2016, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
      I love when internet people tell me what music I like and who I have heard of. It makes them seem smart.

You know who James Brown is?
      Go get kicked in the face by a kangeroo you stupid ****, you've never been to a prince concert.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
        Kraftwerk, the pioneers of modern electronic music, were dead before Hitler?
        Never heard of them and electronic music is for savages, cretins, derelicts and "undesirables"

Comment

Never heard of them and electronic music is for savages, cretins, derelicts and "undesirables"
          You never heard Prince and you never heard any of such music and yet you keep arguing on someone who has knowledge on their music. Are you high, ******, or plain stupid?

Comment

Originally posted by led View Post
            You never heard Prince and you never heard any of such music and yet you keep arguing on someone who has knowledge on their music. Are you high, ******, or plain stupid?
            Prince is ****

Comment

When David Bowie died 2 days after releasing his final song, the streams of that song went up 2,700% on Spotify. Nobody gave a **** about his final release until he died and everyone in the whole world started pretending to be a hardcore Bowie fan.
              Dude... who are you, and do you know anything about ANYTHING?

Often times musical artists make huge impressions on people when they are in their formative years, some even define themselves by the artists they love as kids. But they grow up and have lives, they're not 15 year olds who sit on their computers all day waiting for David Bowie or Prince song to release new tracks year in year out for their entire lives. That doesn't mean they weren't fans at some point. Between kids, jobs, mortgages, etc, following bands and singers tends to fall down the list as the years roll on. Bowies music got the huge jump in listens after he died because everyone who was a Bowie fan at some point in their life stopped for a moment to give it a listen.

I am a huge Prince fan, definitely spent over a thousand bucks on CDs, LPs, etc over the years. Been in bands that played Prince songs. Saw him live on the Musicology tour. But I haven't listened to a new album by him since like 2010, because I didn't like a few of his albums and stopped following his new releases. That doesn't mean I'm "pretending to be a fan" now that he's dead

His death simply made everyone who was a fan, be it just for a few years during Prince mania in 1984, the whole decade he was on top, hardcore fans, recent fans, whatever, stop and reflect and share their experience and what his music mean to them.

There. Now that I've explained how this cycle works, go ahead and resume listening to whatever assuredly garbage music someone who has never listened to Prince listens to.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                Dude... who are you, and do you know anything about ANYTHING?

Often times musical artists make huge impressions on people when they are in their formative years, some even define themselves by the artists they love as kids. But they grow up and have lives, they're not 15 year olds who sit on their computers all day waiting for David Bowie or Prince song to release new tracks year in year out for their entire lives. That doesn't mean they weren't fans at some point. Between kids, jobs, mortgages, etc, following bands and singers tends to fall down the list as the years roll on. Bowies music got the huge jump in listens after he died because everyone who was a Bowie fan at some point in their life stopped for a moment to give it a listen.

I am a huge Prince fan, definitely spent over a thousand bucks on CDs, LPs, etc over the years. Been in bands that played Prince songs. Saw him live on the Musicology tour. But I haven't listened to a new album by him since like 2010, because I didn't like a few of his albums and stopped following his new releases. That doesn't mean I'm "pretending to be a fan" now that he's dead

His death simply made everyone who was a fan, be it just for a few years during Prince mania in 1984, the whole decade he was on top, hardcore fans, recent fans, whatever, stop and reflect and share their experience and what his music mean to them.

There. Now that I've explained how this cycle works, go ahead and resume listening to whatever assuredly garbage music someone who has never listened to Prince listens to.
                If you're a huge prince fan then you're probably a fan of black d*ck

Comment

Go get kicked in the face by a kangeroo you stupid ****, you've never been to a prince concert.

No, I haven't. He played at mine.

At least learn to spell before you call someone else stupid. Slack jawed yokel.

Anyway, you're boring me now. If you don't even know any of these, why are you here arguing apart from what seems like weird, repressed anger issues? **** off.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                    I've never heard a single Prince song. I think his hits were way back.
                    Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                    I have tended to follow contemporary music with the exception of Queen, Abba and a few Beatles tracks.
                    lol at this ****face.

Comment

Originally posted by racer59 View Post
                      lol at this ****face.
                      Best posts of the thread. Very insightful.

Comment

Working...
                      X