Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing will change weight jump rules, Khan will be stretched to hospital that hard.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing will change weight jump rules, Khan will be stretched to hospital that hard.

I have tremendous respect for Khan, but it's like Roy facing prime Lewis or Vitali at unlimited weight, and Amir is not leaving the arena on his feet I GUARANTEE. There is just no way. A single well-timed Alvarez left hook around round 3 (with some early combo success by Khan on the bicycle) will leave Khan either with a cracked jaw or 5 minutes on the oxygen mask, or with a bloody pee for 5 weeks. Retirement is guaranteed all the way.

This is a prime example what's wrong with boxing. Name fights are made over actually and predictably competitive ones, it will sell like hot cakes, but besides a highlight reel KO PPL will hold against Canelo and rightfull so, it will anger ppl. throwing away 60 bucks for PPV and 300 for a ticket.

A snowball in hell has a better chance at starting an avalanche than Amir Khan entering the 8th round. Shame on everyone involved in this, especially Oscar, team Canelo and Khan's own family. He will be One Ricky Hatton'd, Pac style. He has zero chance.

They won't do anything that interferes with money fights (Khan/Canelo)... or fights that'll get them money (Garcia/Salka)

Comment

Khan will get destroyed. He'll look lively for the first round or two, then as soon as Canelo - who doesn't even punch that hard - hits him with a good body shot or jab (although he rearely jabs), Khan will be scared, and be backwards for the rest of the fight. Then it'll just be a matter of landing a few good combos.

I don't respect Canelos power, but he'll be coming into the fight at LHW, maybe 175+. No rehydration clause. I reckon Khan can run until the 6th or 7th until Canelo gets his combo and Khan leaves on a stretcher.

Comment

Originally posted by Xoahr View Post
        Khan will get destroyed. He'll look lively for the first round or two, then as soon as Canelo - who doesn't even punch that hard - hits him with a good body shot or jab (although he rearely jabs), Khan will be scared, and be backwards for the rest of the fight. Then it'll just be a matter of landing a few good combos.

I don't respect Canelos power, but he'll be coming into the fight at LHW, maybe 175+. No rehydration clause. I reckon Khan can run until the 6th or 7th until Canelo gets his combo and Khan leaves on a stretcher.
        Canelo has strong concussive power over sharp one punch KO style, but that's even worse news for Khan. All those heavy Canelo shots that are bloked, picked up or rolled over the shoulder will still hurt, and one 175 lbs that isn't defended will do bad damage to poor Amir.

Comment

Originally posted by Brahma View Post
          I have tremendous respect for Khan, but it's like Roy facing prime Lewis or Vitali at unlimited weight, and Amir is not leaving the arena on his feet I GUARANTEE. There is just no way. A single well-timed Alvarez left hook around round 3 (with some early combo success by Khan on the bicycle) will leave Khan either with a cracked jaw or 5 minutes on the oxygen mask, or with a bloody pee for 5 weeks. Retirement is guaranteed all the way.

This is a prime example what's wrong with boxing. Name fights are made over actually and predictably competitive ones, it will sell like hot cakes, but besides a highlight reel KO PPL will hold against Canelo and rightfull so, it will anger ppl. throwing away 60 bucks for PPV and 300 for a ticket.

A snowball in hell has a better chance at starting an avalanche than Amir Khan entering the 8th round. Shame on everyone involved in this, especially Oscar, team Canelo and Khan's own family. He will be One Ricky Hatton'd, Pac style. He has zero chance.
          I agree. California just changed their weigh in rules. Imma try to find the document

Comment

Canelo will weigh about 170 to 172 on fight night like he always does. Khan says he will weigh 165 on fight night so there should only be 6 or 7 pounds difference between them in the ring which is just not all that much. Canelo will put Khan to sleep quickly because he is a much better fighter and a much harder puncher, not because he is a giant and Khan is a little midget. They won't change any rules. They could have gone back to the vastly superior same day weigh in system when they saw how much weight some fighters put on after the weigh in. This couldn't happen in the same day weigh in days. They never changed today's fuced up system of weighing in the afternoon before the fight and they never will.

Comment

Canelo doesn't gain anything from this.

He wins by knockout = So what! That's what you were suppose to do

He wins by decision = Embarrassing

He loses = Holy ****

My prediction: The jump in weight improves Khan's chin and he actually looks good at times. Canelo decision or late stoppage

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
                Canelo doesn't gain anything from this.

He wins by knockout = So what! That's what you were suppose to do

He wins by decision = Embarrassing

He loses = Holy ****

My prediction: The jump in weight improves Khan's chin and he actually looks good at times. Canelo decision or late stoppage
                Some extra muscles on Khan's legs will improve his ability to stand when getting hurt... but he's getting hurt. The jump in weight also means taking shots that have 10-12 lbs worth of extra damage on them, and without any sort of run even at 154, quick muscle gain will likely just compromise his speed. There are so many factors that make this fight wrong, that anything but an early Canelo finish would indeed be embarrassing. And if it's a quick KO, it's a bad mismatch ended as predicted. Surprised Team Canelo never thought it's a lose-lose situation, more surprised that Khan's family doesn't care about Amir's future to articulate sentences.

Comment

Working...
                X