Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I achieve the strength a of a person that is 6'6 250lbs? I am 5'10 175lbs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is why punching was invented. Big men can get hurt. I am not that tall at 5 foot 9, but I am 215lbs. (Not too fat, but a lil bit around my waist) and find that my lower centre of gravity helps me in wrestling. I am natural strong but slow as ****. I find speed very hard to deal with in sparring.

Use your speed, get the big guy tired somehow and punch him on the chin.

Comment

Thanks for the answers.

Comment

Well I tried wrestling the same person again and pretty much the same thing happened. I trained for 4 entire months on getting stronger and working on my technique and it ended with me being pinned to the ground again. This sucks. This guy doesn't even have any wrestling experience. I need to find a way to overpower him or something. This is the 3rd damn time.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BigNuts View Post
            I pride myself on being very strong. I'm 26 and 5'10 175lb. I wrestle a lot of guys for fun that are around my size and I win the majority of them with ease. I ended up testing myself against a dude that moves furniture for a living who is 28 years old and 6'6 250lbs in a match of wrestling and the first time he got me to the ground without much effort .I began training to get stronger and 5 months later I asked for a rematch. This time I grabbed hold of him and tried to take him to the ground, but when I tried to lift him off the ground, he didn't budge. I put all of my strength into that and he just shrugged it off. Once he saw what I tried to do didn't work, he grabbed both of my arms and threw me to the ground like it was nothing and from that point there was nothing I could do. I tried to get up, but I was pinned. He was too strong to get him off top of me. It's almost like he wasn't even trying and quite frankly I was pretty embarrassed. My question is, how do I achieve the strength this guy has? Any specific methods of weight lifting? Anyone out there with any tips?
            Probably your balance was offset because you were sporting an uncomfortable erection.

Comment

I went straight for the legs and tried the slam. I actually managed to sort of lift his feet this time, but before I could fully get him off the ground, he grabs a hold of me and tosses me like it's nothing.

Barely getting him off his fight is progress I guess, since the other 2 times I couldn't do it.

Guess another 4 months of training.

Comment

I went straight for the legs and tried the slam. I actually managed to sort of lift his feet this time, but before I could fully get him off the ground, he grabs a hold of me and tosses me like it's nothing.

Barely getting him off his fight is progress I guess, since the other 2 times I couldn't do it.

This guy serious?

Comment

Gayest thing I ever read.

Comment

First off, this is really a stupid experiment and not worth wasting your time on, but that's your business. Secondly, that is simply too much of a weight disadvantage. I was once fighting a friend in a sort of wrestling-like match in a fairly small squared circle - we are about the same height at 6ft2 but at that time he outweighed me by about 60-80 lbs (I was approximately 174lbs - 195 or so at the moment - and he was between 240-260 pounds), and neither of us were in particularly good shape. The guy is not a fighter by any means but he was playing american football at the time and did a lot of weightlifting, but I did have some experience of grappling arts shall we say, and so the aim of the battle was to get two takedowns.

So it started, and literally we were in a stalemate of sorts for about 15 minutes where we were both grappling and trying to pass into a position of control to achieve a takedown, and after that time of pushing and trying to hold position and control someone 70lbs heavier than me, I simply gassed out and was easy pickings. He was gassed as hell too, but that weight advantage is very very difficult to overcome. Realistically, you have no chance if you are under 200lbs.

In a standup fight, as long as you have good technique and weigh around the 200 pound mark and are in decent shape, you can overcome guys bigger as long as you can land a good shot and are more skilled than them. In terms of things like wrestling, it's a whole different ball game and that's the reason you have weight classes - trying to control someone when they have a far higher mass than you drains you more than anything else, and is often physically impossible.

As has been said, focus on being the strongest version of yourself and don't compare yourself to guys that simply have too-great physical advantages for you to overcome - in certain situations, such as the one you find yourself in.

Comment

Working...
                    X