Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my fav trainer emanuel steward said the best fight ever could be pryor vs pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my fav trainer emanuel steward said the best fight ever could be pryor vs pacquiao

is he dreaming or could it really be that action packed if it happened they both had non stop agression and had the motors to keep going could it really have been that great if u can bring those guy together 2 fighters from different eras and hands down it would happen at 140

Originally posted by transportcd View Post
    is he dreaming or could it really be that action packed if it happened they both had non stop agression and had the motors to keep going could it really have been that great if u can bring those guy together 2 fighters from different eras and hands down it would happen at 140
    He's obviously probably not holding himself to it and just going a lil off the top but it definitely is possible. At 140 in there prime it wouldve been a classic war. I might like Pryor vs Duran a lil more.

I love all types of boxing but I probably have a lil bias towards more technical stuff because I think most people look down on it and think its boring so for me the best fight ever would be like Floyd vs Pea or something like that

Comment

In the featherweight division right? Pac's best weight.

Comment

Nah, has to be at 140 since thats the only weight they both really fought at unless you wanna count LW for Pryor

Comment

Leonard's best weight is welterweight........it's like saying that best fight ever should be between him and James Toney at middleweight. (who was best at middle).

Pryor....monster at 140...Pac didn't do **** at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
            Leonard's best weight is welterweight........it's like saying that best fight ever should be between him and James Toney at middleweight. (who was best at middle).

Pryor....monster at 140...Pac didn't do **** at 140.
            I disagree. SRL didnt show to be a great MW. Had 1 fight against a guy who was great but starting to fade and did nothing above the weight. Pac only had 1 fight but he beat a solid guy and has still had a great career post that at a higher weight.

I think you are taking this fight in too much of a negative way. This isnt one of those debates people have when they say that Floyd is no SRL or Hearns and they would kill him. I think that is unfair because of the weights as you say.

This is just a guy talking about a great fight. Not even talking about winning or losing but just styles and performance. I saw enough from the Hatton fight to tell me that Pac would still be good & explosive at that weight. If you ask me about Pac at WW vs someone is the best then I would say No but at 140 he still qualifies for a convo like this.

Pac still puts on a lil weight at 140. He doesnt at WW but at 140 he still does. Plus, Im not sold that FW is his best weight. He obviously did more there but he came into the ring big for those fights which tells you he could add more weight to the frame. He looked even more powerful & explosive at 130-140

Comment

I live what u guys r saying bt yall are etting a bit off topic what do you think of the fight who would win and why im not ssaying that both of them were both at that weight when they were in that weight class im asking if it would have been as great a fight as emanuel steward as sayign as he believes it to be

Comment

Originally posted by transportcd View Post
                I live what u guys r saying bt yall are etting a bit off topic what do you think of the fight who would win and why im not ssaying that both of them were both at that weight when they were in that weight class im asking if it would have been as great a fight as emanuel steward as sayign as he believes it to be
                yes..........

Comment

Duran/Pryor is a better fight IMO.

Comment

their are more exciting fights i can reel off the top off my head

Thomas Hearns vs Julian Jackson at 154....Man as long as it lasts its gonna be bombs away

Aaron Pryor vs Roberto Duran 140

Ray Mancini vs. Arturo Gatto 135

Pacquiao vs Flash Elorde 126

Morales vs Marquez 126

Diego Corrales vs Edwin Rosario 135

Henry Armstrong vs Aaron Pryor 140

Wilfredo Gomez vs Isreal Vazquez or Rafael Marquez 122

etc...

Comment

Working...
                    X