Maidana athlete of the year in Argentina

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He has the best year of his career.

Comment

Aside from Chino, the other candidates were Messi and the tennis player Juan Martín del Potro.

Comment

Excellent Maidana deserves it!

Comment

Originally posted by AgainstTheRopes View Post
          Is Messi slipping or something? Would have thought he would win the award every year.

Sorry dont follow soccer closely unless its the World Cup...
          He is injured.

Comment

Congrats Chino! It's awesome that a boxer has won the award the last two years there. This should send a message to the youth who want to enter the sport. I'm sure we'll see a lot more bangers coming from Argentina in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by AgainstTheRopes View Post
              Is Messi slipping or something? Would have thought he would win the award every year.

Sorry dont follow soccer closely unless its the World Cup...
              Messi just recently has started being accepted by the public (because he is playing well in the national team). He never played as a pro for a soccer club in Argentina and this is not your best presentation card down here. Plus the Olimpia prize comes from the sports journalists and they also try to reward sometimes not so popular sports.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
                Ronaldo's still elite? I don't follow soccer, but I heard someone say Ronaldo's lost a step since his injury or something like that. Age or something.
                Woot? Ronaldo barely even gets injured - he's been one of the best two players in the world for about 6 years. He's been dominant this year and will in all likelihood win the Ballon' dor and single handedly led portugal to the world cup with a hat trick when it mattered.

On topic - Maidana has had a good year but Messi has been better in football than Maidana has in boxing and football is a sport more people play of course, so perhaps Messi should win this award. Although I do accept by this logic Messi would win every year as he is arguably the best sportsman in the world.

Comment

Congrats Chino!!Well deserved.

Comment

Guys it is good news but I heard in Argentina they are racist and like to see blacks being beaten.

It's sad that a good story has bad intentions.

Comment

Originally posted by BronerGotHumped View Post
                      Guys it is good news but I heard in Argentina they are racist and like to see blacks being beaten.

It's sad that a good story has bad intentions.

What is sad is how full of sht you are.
                      Your slander of an entire country is based on what exactly?
                      Everyone in Argentina wanted their guy to win which is common sense. If you add to that how disgusting a person Broner is, how he insulted Maidana, Argentine boxers and Latinos in general, then its even more understandable.
                      Its got nothing to do with him being black and everything to do with Broner being Broner.

Comment

Working...
                      X