Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better ring IQ - Executioner, Money or Dinamita?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
    Dinamita
    Hopkins
    Floyd

in that order. I don't have a problem with B-hop and Dinamita being interchangeable.

Floyd hasn't had to be diverse enough to display the IQ of Bhop or Dinamita. Even if he did beat Dinamita (with a huge size and weight advantage)

Lets see if he's still jumping weightclasses and knocking out ATG's when he's 39 or in his 40's. Although Floyd is displaying ring smarts by ducking any possible threat and fighting fighters at the right time.

Money beat Dinamita with skill and technique....his physical weight (which was only 2 POUNDS) had nothing to do with his win because it was not a physical fight, it was a boxing match.

Dinamita could have just so NO to fighting Money when he was overweight but he didn't so we can't keep using "OVERWEIGHT" as an excuse.

You are a hater.

Comment

B-Hop, period. You have to have a ring iq through the roof to be able to do what he does. At the age he does it, & against who has done it. B-Hop isn't the fastest guy, he isn't the strongest, but he is the smartest.

LOL at all those guys saying Floyd has the better resume, no friggin way. he's more athletic & can cherrypick at will, but that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
        Floyd by a mile. His resume ****s all over the other two and hes the only one that hasnt been whooped by lesser opponents.

Could you imagine floyd loosing to Dawson and Taylor? lol NEVER in a million years.

Of course the poll is schooled, who has the most jealous haters out of the 3? Money, people cant stand that he is that good and that undefeated.
        I could easily imagine that Floyd would/will lose to much faster fighters when he's nearly 50 years old.

We'll see what he looks like in another 4 or so years at 40. BHop was 40. Just think about that. Until then it's pretty hard to judge on that standard alone.

Also, it has nothing to do with resume. We are talking purely about their ring intelligence. Floyd still has much greater physical gifts than BHop and nearly, if not as high or maybe even higher, a boxing IQ. I can't really decide. Honestly, they are both about even to me.

I think they are arguable though, but simply because BHop can't use his speed, power etc to win, he uses very savvy footwork, great feints, and beautiful inside fighting to win. Floyd does too, but he can rely on more to win. BHop can't.

Marquez is very savvy too, but he's offensively bent. His smartness lies in offense, and not as much defense. He has great footwork, much, much underlooked....People often talk about Pac's footwork as this thing of beauty and yet Marquez completely nullified with his own footwork. Footwork doesn't need to be fast or bouncy or look good, it has to be effective. He also has great feints, and he used to have good defense but that seems to have greatly diminished with age and his more offensive approach. He can now struggle to adjust defensively.
        Last edited by BennyST; 03-12-2013, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by piojo del norte View Post
          All have a high ring IQ but JMM is the cleaner fighter when it comes to tactics and antics.
          I'm not sure that has anything at all to do with the topic.

Comment

Until I see a 48 year old mayweather or Marquez beating dudes 20 years younger than them it's BHOP all the way.

It really is remarkable what Hopkins is doing at his age. The dude is 2 years from turning 50 and he's still beating these young guns and not taking any damage.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
              Floyd by a mile. His resume ****s all over the other two and hes the only one that hasnt been whooped by lesser opponents.

Could you imagine floyd loosing to Dawson and Taylor? lol NEVER in a million years.

Of course the poll is schooled, who has the most jealous haters out of the 3? Money, people cant stand that he is that good and that undefeated.
              You realize that BHOP was in his mid forties when lost those fights right? Think about that for a second.

Comment

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
                You realize that BHOP was in his mid forties when lost those fights right? Think about that for a second.
                Not to mention, B-Hop won those fights with Taylor.

But I still think Floyd has the higher fight IQ. Although I will admit, Hopkins has faced the much better opposition.

i can only judge off what my eyes have seen.
                Last edited by Scarcaztic; 03-12-2013, 10:53 PM.

Comment

A lot of guys have said it great. IMO they are all smart. I'll make it simple.

Bhop has the most smarts
                  Mayweather has the most God given talent
                  Marquez has the most balls.

If Mayweather is active in 5 years I'll revist this question. But while both have proven to be smart, Bhop has the edge because of age. If I see a mid 40's Mayweather dominating someone based on smarts I'll change my opinion. P.S. Not saying it wont happen.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                    I could easily imagine that Floyd would/will lose to much faster fighters when he's nearly 50 years old.

We'll see what he looks like in another 4 or so years at 40. BHop was 40. Just think about that. Until then it's pretty hard to judge on that standard alone.

Also, it has nothing to do with resume. We are talking purely about their ring intelligence. Floyd still has much greater physical gifts than BHop and nearly, if not as high or maybe even higher, a boxing IQ. I can't really decide. Honestly, they are both about even to me.

I think they are arguable though, but simply because BHop can't use his speed, power etc to win, he uses very savvy footwork, great feints, and beautiful inside fighting to win. Floyd does too, but he can rely on more to win. BHop can't.

Marquez is very savvy too, but he's offensively bent. His smartness lies in offense, and not as much defense. He has great footwork, much, much underlooked....People often talk about Pac's footwork as this thing of beauty and yet Marquez completely nullified with his own footwork. Footwork doesn't need to be fast or bouncy or look good, it has to be effective. He also has great feints, and he used to have good defense but that seems to have greatly diminished with age and his more offensive approach. He can now struggle to adjust defensively.
                    lol Floyd has been trying to retire for a while. Bhop still doesn't want to yet at 48 lol. I don't think we'll see floyd fight more than a year or two more

Comment

Hopkins has been fighting on pure IQ for a long ass time now. The last time he KOd someone Bush was still in his first term as a president! The last time Hopkins fought someone who was actually older than him was when John Elway finally won a superbowl in in 1998! Here is what the game looked like if you replayed it on Madden '98
                      Last edited by ИATAS; 03-12-2013, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X