Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo would stop Trout...do you agree?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Trout most likely decisions him however I wouldn't be surprised if Canelo stops him. From what I can remember Cotto looked like he stunned Trout a couple times, especially in the beginning, Canelo's power>>>Cotto's.

Comment

There has been threads just like this on Canelo vs. Vanes and Lara today. As a Canelo fan it gives me a chance to show my support for my favorite young fighter. Vanes, Trout, and Lara are all very good fighters. It's possible they could beat Canelo. I think Canelo is the best of a good group of 154 pounders and he is only 22 years old and getting better every fight. I vote yes he will KO Trout and if Mayweather fights him in September he will KO Floyd too. I also voted on the other threads that he would KO Vanes and Lara. So anybody that hates Canelo might hate me as well but I call them like I see them and back my opinion with medium sized cash bets. If I have Canelo overrated time will tell soon enough. If he loses I'll be the first to admit I was wrong but I have made lots of money betting on him so far.

Comment

I don't know, what kind of chin does Trout have? Can he stand up to power? If he has a solid chin then I don't see Canelo stopping him. I think Canelo would likely beat Trout nonetheless. I just hope to get to see them fight. It's way to hard to get top fighters from the same weight classes to fight each other now a days.

Comment

lol the same Canela that been fighting LW and WWs?

Comment

Trout ud's ginger, hell maybe even stops him.

Trout has better:
            Stamina
            Footwork
            Handspeed
            defense
            inside game
            outside game.

He'll also be the only real elite 154lber on ginger's resume.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              Trout ud's ginger, hell maybe even stops him.

Trout has better:
              Stamina
              Footwork
              Handspeed
              defense
              inside game
              outside game.

He'll also be the only real elite 154lber on ginger's resume.
              and an underrated straight left body shot. Quoted for truth

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                I think Trout most likely decisions him however I wouldn't be surprised if Canelo stops him. From what I can remember Cotto looked like he stunned Trout a couple times, especially in the beginning, Canelo's power>>>Cotto's.
                This.

It wasnt much but when Cotto was able to apply pressure and land some shots in the first half, Trout didnt like it. Canelo is bigger and more powerful than Cotto at this weight and he might be able to land shots for longer than Cotto was able to, possibly hurting or KOing Trout.

I think its an interesting fight

Comment

Originally posted by THE_BIG_HURT View Post
                  This.

It wasnt much but when Cotto was able to apply pressure and land some shots in the first half, Trout didnt like it. Canelo is bigger and more powerful than Cotto at this weight and he might be able to land shots for longer than Cotto was able to, possibly hurting or KOing Trout.

I think its an interesting fight
                  He wasn't stunned, he fought back. When those punches landed he simply moved out the situation and boxed again.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                    I forgot past prime fighters can't get TKO's anymore Do you read what you post? Cotto's been past prime, everyone knows that. Sorry beating Josesito Lopez at 154 didn't make me put him in my P4P? So we should base Canelo stopping Trout, off him stopping Lopez and Gomez? Canelo's punching power is getting overrated because he stopped a JWW at 154 in his last fight.

Come on, you're better at trolling than that bro.
                    it's funny you said the same thing about trout ''beating canelo's brother and devin rodriquez doesn't mean you can beat cotto''

sorry bro but trout beating a gatekeeper quitter doesn't = ATG status

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                      Thing is, if he couldn't do that to Mosley who was literally in front of him, I can't see how he does any better against a bigger, rangier, younger fighter who knows how to maintain distance and stick the jab all night. I think for the 1st time we see Canelo get frustrated in that fight.

I also think Trout is much physically tougher than people give him credit for.
                      And Canelo gasses pretty easy too, seems to be lost against a boxer with movement and misses pretty wildly when up against a fighter with any real kind of head movement. Trout can actually capitilize on Canelo's wild misses, unlike the majority of his past opponents who were primarily worried about defending then counterpunching.

Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
                      Canelo can't outbox Trout to a decision the only way he beats Trout is by KO I don't see that happening Trout by UD
                      Trouts chin isn't noticed by many because he takes a punch so well. Yeah he can be hit (of course), but he can definately take a punch..... well.

Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
                      And Canelo should stick to double teaming flyweights with his brother
                      touche'

I noticed that he didn't have a response to that.

Comment

Working...
                      X