No announcement yet.

Broner=Everything we wanted Mayweather to be

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by junior gong View Post
    You say that now that its floyd under the spotlight.
    yea sure whatever you say. you're a god damn idiot if you think top athletes in all sports dont, or have not experimented with steroids. some more than others, and some continue to do it. I'm not ignorant like you willingly choose to be, and this info that was posted today, to those who follow boxing and all the subtleties, this is not some shocking new information. those who care about the sport do their homework. so now we def know where you stand. exposed, as usual...

Comment

• Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
      yea sure whatever you say. you're a god damn idiot if you think top athletes in all sports dont, or have not experimented with steroids. some more than others, and some continue to do it. I'm not ignorant like you willingly choose to be, and this info that was posted today, to those who follow boxing and all the subtleties, this is not some shocking new information. those who care about the sport do their homework. so now we def know where you stand. exposed, as usual...
      No sunshine, I stand firm in the belief that the sport is corrupt from the top to the bottom and that so much more needs to be done. In a way I will be glad when Floyd and Manny are gone from the sport. I just hope that the next generation of top fighters are clean, but their will be no guarantee of this without a top down reorganisation of the sport and its governance.

Comment

No sunshine, I stand firm in the belief that the sport is corrupt from the top to the bottom and that so much more needs to be done. In a way I will be glad when Floyd and Manny are gone from the sport. I just hope that the next generation of top fighters are clean, but their will be no guarantee of this without a top down reorganisation of the sport and its governance.
        no ones arguing the sport isnt corrupt. all sports are corrupt in a way. Not sure what point you are trying to make here. the next generation of fighters will not be clean, there will be more and more rampant PED usage, as technology advances, so will hiding the truth

Comment

• Originally posted by Deeznuts View Post
          Broner is honestly a better version of Mayweather. Instead of fighting a safe fight to secure the win he knows when to turn up the heat and get his opponent out of there. He has good defense, speed, and can turn up his offense when needed. Props to Broner, he might be one of the most annoying boxers but his skills are top notch
          People expose how little they know about the sport daily on this site.

lmfao

Comment

no ones arguing the sport isnt corrupt. all sports are corrupt in a way. Not sure what point you are trying to make here. the next generation of fighters will not be clean, there will be more and more rampant PED usage, as technology advances, so will hiding the truth
            I actually find the whole thing pretty depressing as a fan.

Comment

I actually find the whole thing pretty depressing as a fan.
              yea so do I and so do all the other fans Im sure. but there is nothing we or anyone else can or will do to change it, so theres nothing left to do other than accept it, hard as it is. this is what the sport of boxing has evolved to, and like i said, with technology and sports science getting more and more advanced everyday, an end to this debacle is far from being in sight

Comment

• Originally posted by Deeznuts View Post
                For the past couple of years safety has come first for Floyd. Broner fights with defense but when he sees he can get a guy out of there he goes for the kill. Mayweather could have done this in many of his fights but did not want to risk getting hit doing it. He could of easily stopped guys like Corley, Baldomir, Judah if he would of stayed in the pocket and fought like Broner fights and counter his opponents in he middle of the ring. Even Hatton didn't belong in the ring that long with Mayweather. Stop being hung up on what Mayweather was, he is currently ranked #1 P4P but yet you bring up the old him because currently Broner uses that Philly Shell style better than he does and is more effective doing so
                In Floyds very last fight he went toe to toe punch for punch.

Comment

• On topic...I dont agree that Broner is better than Mayweather, he is very good but he is 23 for heavens sake. Lets see where he is at 33.

Comment

On topic...I dont agree that Broner is better than Mayweather, he is very good but he is 23 for heavens sake. Lets see where he is at 33.
                    broner is currently more exciting than mayweather, but it doesnt mean he is better. age for age mayweather was a demolishing machine at that weight, and no one is denying that

Comment

broner is currently more exciting than mayweather, but it doesnt mean he is better. age for age mayweather was a demolishing machine at that weight, and no one is denying that
                      True, but no two fighters can walk the same path. New rivals will emerge for Broner over the next five or ten years. He could be a great fighter or he could be a bust, we will just have to wait and see. For now though he is doing great stuff, wants to fight the best and is looking impressive. I thought he was clinical against Demarco and he deserves his props for that, but he doesnt deserve to be elevated to the standards Floyd was showing at the same age.

Broner is a different fighter, lets see what he can do.

Comment

Working...
                      X