Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad year of boxing for these fighters in 2012 who will have a better year in 2013?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad year of boxing for these fighters in 2012 who will have a better year in 2013?

Gamboa has had a real bad year in 2012 so far . Ortiz has had a bad year also with an upset loss to Lopez. Khan got KO and is now with a new trainer will see how that goes. JuanMa Lopez needs to make a good come back in 2013. Gary Russell needs to step up and start fighting top guys in his weight class. So out of all these fighters who do you guys think will have a better year next year?
    Gamboa
    46.43%
    Victor Ortiz
    14.29%
    Amir Khan
    28.57%
    Gary Russell Jr
    10.71%
    JuanMa Lopez
    0.00%

I'd vote Victor Ortiz and Gamboa.

Comment

I voted for Gamboa. What a waste of prime in 2012. He needs to turn it around in 2013.

Comment

G Russell is the future.

short reach though

Comment

Kudos for an original thread. I think Gamboa is ready to explode as soon as his contract situation is sorted out.

Comment

Gamboa has the most potential for a breakout year - IDK what is going on with the promotional thing but he still maintains the upside he's had.

I voted Khan for now because he's getting the jump on 2013 by fitting in one more fight this year. If things go well he will probably be back in a pretty decent fight early/mid-year depending on how his trainer feels...they might take a string of quick adjustment fights before getting back in the championship mix but knowing Khan he will be talking up the biggest fight available in the meantime. i think he will be willing/have to take the highest risk fight on your list to get the most reward in 2013, in a division that has plenty of matchups to be made. but some of it will depend on Virgil Hunter to reign in Khan's delusions.

Ortiz/Mayweather fighter/trainer combo will be classic tv
            Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 10-15-2012, 07:50 PM.

Comment

No JuanMa votes. The guy needs a better trainer to make him box more and not rely on his power to win fights. He needs to win more rounds and the KO's will come defense needs improvement too.

Comment

I imagine Russell jr won't be stepping it up to the biggest names just yet so he''ll probably win all his fights next year.

Comment

Just like above posters, i expect garry russel, mickey garcia possibly rigo to step up next year.

Comment

So Gamboa's leading the votes.

Comment

Working...
                    X