Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Anthony Joshua vs. Joseph Parker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL, The guys who were saying Parker beats Joshua 3 months ago, will be the same one saying "Parker is too green, Joshua still hasn't had a real test yet" if Joshua beats him.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
      it could go either way. if the odds reflect the current opinion of NSB, i'll certainly put some money on parker. if whyte can trouble joshua, parker can take him out
      you'll be throwing your money away.

Whyte is better than Parker.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums! View Post
        Whyte is better than Parker.
        i really hope that fight comes off before parker challenges joshua

i think you would be proven spectacularly wrong

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
          i really hope that fight comes off before parker challenges joshua

i think you would be proven spectacularly wrong
          I hope it comes off too because if it does Whyte will knock him the **** out and that'll be the last we hear out of him.

Comment

Joshua by early KTFO.

Comment

Originally posted by Quiksilva View Post
              Okay, to all you boxing fans who do you got winning this fight?

Both pros and cons that I can list a few on the two fighters.

Tale of the Tape

Anthony Joshua
              Height: 198cm" (6'6)
              Reach: 82" in (208 cm)

- Seems to be the better boxer, knows how to use his reach, distance and has good timing and strength
              - Seems accurate and is a hard hitter
              - Hasn't been tested to go 12 rounds
              - Showed vulnerability when he got hit by Dillian Whyte

Joseph Parker
              Height: 193cm" (6'4)
              Reach: 76" in (193 cm)

- Quite a slugger, comes forward, throws combination and has quick hand speed for a heavyweight
              - Proved to go the distance
              - In the Takam fight, it showed he can take a punch and has a bit of a chin
              - Lacking a bit of defense and conditioning

I analyze both fighters, I think Joshua wins.

Thoughts? Who do you got and why?
              Right now, I think AJ would take it. However, if Parker can fix the holes in his game, I think he could arguably be the better fighter. Has a better jab, much faster hands, but just lacks the ability to transition from offense to defense seamlessly and leaves himself open when punching.

Comment

People are making way too much of the Takam fight without understanding how good Takam is. Takam was outfighting and outboxing Povetkin, supposedly the best champ today besides Klitschko, with speed, combinations, power and skill before finally getting stopped.

Up until that point though, he showed truly world class skills in every area and showed that he would be handful for any HW in the world. That's against a long time experienced veteran champion and Takam still gave him hell.

Parker stepped up for the first time ever, into his first ever 12 round fight, to one of the best contenders today and won it clearer than Povetkin would have had it gone the distance. Not that it matters when you KO someone, but it gives you an idea of the skills of Takam and thus Parker too.

He's got some obvious holes to fix, but he's only 24. Plenty of time to do it.

Comment

Parker's so incredibly overrated. AJ should knock his bum ass out in 4 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                    Parker's so incredibly overrated. AJ should knock his bum ass out in 4 rounds.
                    Yeah that huge win over mma reject Whyte makes Joshua one of the all time greats

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                      Which was the second time?
                      He got stunned by Bakhtov if I remember correctly same counter left off the ropes Whyte hit him with.

Comment

Working...
                      X