Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder Warns Ryabinsky: I Want My 4.6 Million or Lawsuit!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tago Nang Tago View Post
    its suppose to be postponed for a pos test, not CANECALLED!

this is all wilders doings. NO PAY FOR WILDER
    No you dummy it's supposed to be cancelled. The fight has not been postponed for a positive test as you say, it is postponed 'PENDING FURTHER INVESTIGATION'.

There's a big difference between what you believe and what the wbc said. The postponement is temporary, until they can investigate and get confirmation whether Povetkin is lying or not.

If investigation yields a result that Povetkin was in fact lying and was trying to micro dope, then the fight will be cancelled and Povetkin banned.

Reason Wilder's team wana cancel is because they always knew/thought Povetkin was doping anyway and they believe that the investigation is just procedural, that Povetkin will be found guilty.

Comment

Originally posted by /// View Post
      Damn wilder turned out to be a real scumbag.

Povetkin didn't even test dirty. He tested below the threshold in one test out of several and VADA said there wasn't time to retest. WBC postponed the fight.

Never was there a dirty/cancellation/etc.They just postponed for testing.

Wilder himself backs out of rescheduling the fight then demands he get paid anyway. Just strip him if that's his game.
      Once again you guys fail to comprehend the situation. The amount of the drug in Povetkin's system is IN FACT illegal, however, WADA made that exception temporarily since it figured the drug remains in the system for quite a while.

However, Povetkin does not even meet that exception because he had already tested clean three times, which is why the fight had to be posponed for an investigation in the first place.

Had all three tests showed that amount in his system, no one would have even bat an eye and the fight would have carried on.

By this time next year, or even before the end of the year, it won't matter if you got 0.1 or 0.7, presence of the drug will be an automatic ban.

The 1.0 limit is only for the guys who were using it before the ban on 1 Jan, and testing even under that limit after already testing clean THREE times is not within that exception.

Povetkin is doping, plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by moochi View Post
        i'm pretty sure most contracts would have clauses to compensate on certain levels, one of which would have been paying so much up until so many dates, etc.

he definitely deserves something for his work - but the full amount would never be compensated. it would set a bad precedent for all promoters.

that said, if they agreed to full compensation regardless of the event happening - then that's a different story.

everybody hates promoters, but the reality is they risk a lot of money and this time the promoter would have lost many millions with zero event income.
        Dude Povetkin is holding Wilder's career and earnings at Bay. Think about how many times the fight has been postponed already because of Povetkin?

First he chose to fight a voluntary tune up AFTER the negotiation date of October. Then he said he couldn't fight in Jan (the date initially mandated by the wbc for the fight to take place) and would only be ready in May, and now he tests positive, forcing the fight to be postponed AGAIN because of him, and he aint even the champion, just the mandatory.

I see no reason why the wbc shouldn't strip this guy of his mandatory position and I also don't understand why a champion should suffer because of a disorganised, unwilling, and cheating mandatory.

I also understand why Wilder is asking for full compensation for his purse, because were it not for Povetkin and his tricks and delays, Wilder would have earned another purse already against another fighter, and wouldn't have all these expenses for trainers, sparring partners, travelling etc etc.

And he knows that even if he don't get the money he is asking for, he can still get alot.

For example, if Wilder asked for half, then he might get only a quarter. However, if he asks for the full amount, then the court might settle for half.

It's a negotiation tactic.

Comment

Those idiots defending Povetkin are ridiculous. Wilder should definetely be reimbursed some money to pay for all the costs associated with getting ready for this fight. Was he the one getting caught for using a PED? No so why is it his fault? That drug should have been banned years ago as it clearly is a PED.

Comment

The fight is cancelled not because of Wilder but because it's the WBC ruling. Povetkin may get suspended so how he hell is Wilder suppose to fight him ? Wilder gets paid and the Russian learns a lesson the hard way.

Comment

No one should assume Povetkin was going to win the fight. Povetkin has been down a few times and Wilder will hit him harder than ever before. I know there are questions on Wilders chin but I wouldn't bet on Povetkin.

Comment

typical ghetto move always looking for a handout

Comment

If Povetkin was caught with a EPO, for example, then yes, he should be entitled to his purse, but the fact that WADA are going to throw out over 100 Meldonium cases, due to their thin knowledge of it presents months after it has been used does not bold well for Wilder if he wants to sue.

Comment

Is this even a legit thing one can do? Well I've seen dumber lawsuits so obviously he can attempt it, I mean is there anyone who's won his proposed purse over a positive PED test?

Training expenses I can understand & honestly I could even understand the win portion of this payday since one could deem Povetkin's PED usage could be deemed a win by default or DQ win for Wilder. But the whole purse I can't see.

Although **** I guess if fighters on the bad side of PED abusers suing like Wilder & Cunningham will put more threat of punishment on Povetkin &/or Tarver & getting more punishments from the legal system might have some impact of PED usage too since the commissions aren't doing their job in most regions.
                    Last edited by Eff Pandas; 05-18-2016, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tago Nang Tago View Post
                      this dumb idiot wants to get paid 5 million for pulling out a fight!!??

wow what a ******
                      Exactly.

Let Wilder fight another bum as a voluntary and reschedule the fight for the summer.

Comment

Working...
                      X