Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sergey Kovalev on SportsNation, how did he do?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sergey Kovalev on SportsNation, how did he do?

To me it looked like he didn't really want to be there and it made things a little awkward, as did the language barrier. But still good publicity for him. Gotta credit Max for getting fighters on SportsNation, you know it's all him.

If you can't see the above videos, there are the direct links.

Video 1: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:15355737

Video 2: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:15355751
    Last edited by Nubia; 04-28-2016, 03:52 AM.

He did pretty well I think, allowing for the language barrier. But then Kovalev usually does. I get the impression the guy's pretty much a straight shooter - he pretty much always comes across as being genuine down to earth guy even when occasionally controversial and I think people respond to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
      He did pretty well I think, allowing for the language barrier. But then Kovalev usually does. I get the impression the guy's pretty much a straight shooter - he pretty much always comes across as being genuine down to earth guy even when occasionally controversial and I think people respond to that.
      Sounds like a straight shooter indeed.

Comment

Fking sports journalists just don't know how to ask boxers questions. Asking him contractual details? WTF. Even Max, who should know better, is asking things that Kov clearly doesn't understand.
        Bloody, 3rd trimester abortion on their end....

Sergei did well. Looking down and to the corner is the last thing you want to do (psychologically, it communicates negative things in terms of body language) but I can't say he did bad. The interviewers just didn't set this up well at all and if I wasn't a big boxing fan, I would have thought the whole thing to be a waste of time.

Comment

Working...
        X