Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ward Contract To Fight Kovelev is not Final!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets just see how Ward looks vs Barrera.

Comment

I think ward defense is too solid and kov punches aren't fast enough. Ward clinches ALOT but it's effective in neutralizing situations when's he's in trouble. Only question I have is is Kov body shot strong enough to slow down Ward. If it isn't I think it's easy win for Ward. I haven't seen him fight for a long time or at this weight limit so he might slowed down quite a bit.

Comment

Fight gets made to close out the year. Ward puts on a clinic in a 12 RD UD over Kov.

Comment

Just to reply to the OP, Kathy Duva says the contracts are signed.

Presumably the only thing that can stop the fight is Ward getting an injury, retiring or starting another legal battle.

Comment

Not so long ago it was said they have a binding contract and if Ward steps into the ring after June 2016 it has to be against Kovalev.

Doesn't matter if any injuries or anything else is in the way. Kovalevs team wanted the fight sooner but they said if Ward fights after June its only against Kovalev.

Pretty sure Ward tries everything to delay the fight against Kovalev, same as Wilder is trying to do with Povetkin.

http://www.boxingscene.com/kovalevs-...omments--98080

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              that's why ward fights in oakland and clinches nonstop. thats how he neutralizes fighters. what a great fighter lol
              True. I remember the Miranda fight, oh man I had Ward losing on points due to point deductions for holding.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazylegs77 View Post
                True. I remember the Miranda fight, oh man I had Ward losing on points due to point deductions for holding.
                the kessler fight, the bika fight, the rodriguez fight. i'm sure we will be able to add the barrera fight to that dishonorable list while other "true boxing fans" will add it to their list of great performances.

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
                  He's a good basic fighter IMO. He's got great power and good skills but Ward will nuteralised that. It's not Andre Wards speed that will surprise him but his strength on the inside. Ward is a pillow puncher but he is freakishly strong and he will really get to Kovalev on the inside.
                  Ward is strong but not freakishly....Sakio Bika had him crying to the ref. Look at how frustrated he was in the fight camp 360 of that fight, that was probably his hardest fight. If Ward can't bully you, he has to take punishment and he doesn't like that one bit.

Comment

Some cats needs to quit being fanboys & realize love or hate Ward he's the guy who went into the Super Six tournament as a unproven prospect with a schedule to fight the best guys in his division. Which granted few are given that sorta opportunity, but even fewer unproven prospects & their teams would walk into that situation & even fewer still would walk away as the man in their division afterwards.

Plus he's not lost since pre-puberty I think so the guy is obviously still in that not capable of losing mindset many undefeated elite level guys are in at this point in their careers.

He's not scared of Kov & if they don't fight it'll be about money than anything else most likely. And I think its naive to think Ward didn't know what he was getting into well before he made this move to make a run at the 175 division.

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
                      Ward is strong but not freakishly....Sakio Bika had him crying to the ref. Look at how frustrated he was in the fight camp 360 of that fight, that was probably his hardest fight. If Ward can't bully you, he has to take punishment and he doesn't like that one bit.
                      Will rewatch that fight!

Comment

Working...
                      X