Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sugar Shane Wins Again!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This fight was for a 147 belt , What's the name of the belt he won?

And does he really want to deal with a young Keith Thurman?

Comment

It always seems sad to me when a guy like Mosley (or Holyfield or Jones) who were on top & huge at one point in their careers are now in fights few knew about & no one cared about like this.

I wish there was some viable 2nd career boxers like those guys could transition into, but the reality is who wants to hire someone to work for them after they spent the last 15yrs-20yrs getting hit in the head. Really the only thing most boxers are qualified for post-boxing is a career as a trainer or ref.

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR ROSADO! View Post
        psssh keep it moving playa U just got burned now you gonna drop paragraph after paragraph explaining. KILL IT.
        you didn't burn anyone stupid.

if your reading comprehension skills are sub par that is not my fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          It always seems sad to me when a guy like Mosley (or Holyfield or Jones) who were on top & huge at one point in their careers are now in fights few knew about & no one cared about like this.

I wish there was some viable 2nd career boxers like those guys could transition into, but the reality is who wants to hire someone to work for them after they spent the last 15yrs-20yrs getting hit in the head. Really the only thing most boxers are qualified for post-boxing is a career as a trainer or ref.
          They can but they are too used to the fast money in boxing to invest in themselves, they all can easily turn into a trainer and open a gym and off name recognition alone can provide for themselves a comfortable livelihood. Robert Garcia did it wasnt over night success took him years and years and with a lucky break to push him into the spot light but even without the spotlight he was making a living with his gym setup, now dude is making more than 90% of the boxers out their.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
            Pathetic thinking the fact people heard but most likely forgot, Shane Mosely was fighting again.
            lol that was me. i remember now hearing about it but completely forgot who it was and that it was this week.

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR ROSADO! View Post
              They can but they are too used to the fast money in boxing to invest in themselves, they all can easily turn into a trainer and open a gym and off name recognition alone can provide for themselves a comfortable livelihood. Robert Garcia did it wasnt over night success took him years and years and with a lucky break to push him into the spot light but even without the spotlight he was making a living with his gym setup, now dude is making more than 90% of the boxers out their.
              I mentioned trainer in my post. Thing is starting your own gym is a entrepreneur move that I doubt most guys could handle or would wanna handle. Garcia is a great example of someone whos made his gym a success after his early retirement, but he's a highly intelligent guy who did something that few fighters have been able to do. I mean there are a lot of former fighters who've transitioned into training, but its a rough, highly competitive business.

I guess I just wish some employment opportunities were available with more promoters or networks that could hire former great boxers to do something once they fell out of the elite boxing pool of talent. I don't watch "regular" sports so idk how things work there with ex-NFL players or w/e but the UFC seems to put some of their bigger names in corporate type positions (Chuck Liddell is the UFC VP of Business Development ffs...I can only assume this position entails him coming into his office before 3pm each day, taking a 2+hr nap on his desk & leaving at 5pm).

Its just a shame, to me, elite level boxers are spit out of boxing like 38yr old **** actresses once they have given so much to their job. And granted no one is guaranteed anything in this life & its not like they weren't paid & taken care of for what was asked of them, but it'd just be nice to see these historical names in boxing having better positions in their later years than trying to relive their former glory despite obvious physical decline.

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
                This fight was for a 147 belt , What's the name of the belt he won?

And does he really want to deal with a young Keith Thurman?
                If Thurman were to fight Shane it would be the same as Khan fighting Barrera;
                I'd never forgive him (Thurman that is).

If Shane is gonna fight on, he should be calling out Malignaggi or Judah maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
                  If Thurman were to fight Shane it would be the same as Khan fighting Barrera;
                  I'd never forgive him (Thurman that is).

If Shane is gonna fight on, he should be calling out Malignaggi or Judah maybe.
                  The Shane vs Judah fight will be a great fight. I still remember they were scheduled to fight and Zab injured his hand or something. Don't think they will fight though as Zab hasn't fought in a long time.

Even the Malignaggi fight is great. Don't think there ever were talks to fight.

Comment

Working...
                  X