Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do you agree that nirvana was the last great/critical acclaimed american band?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm prob gonna get negative responses but i've been listening to the black keys since 2008 and i think they're much more talented than nirvana ever was. They're def my fav band but i prefer their older albums.

Comment

No, they're not the last American band that was both commercially successful and critically acclaimed. Many other bands have come since them that have been critically and commercially acclaimed.

That said, I adore them. I don't find them overrated one bit and neither do most musical historians. They deserve every accolade they've ever gotten and only seem to grow in popularity as time presses onward. I always look at people funny when they tell me that they don't love their music.

That said, 'Incesticide' really was a very ****ty album.

Comment

Comment

i never got into Nirvana...even when all my friends were playing their ****...i thought they sucked TBH

Comment

This performance still haunts me..

That being said they were definitely not the last..

Comment

Originally posted by PulpFriction View Post
              I'm prob gonna get negative responses but i've been listening to the black keys since 2008 and i think they're much more talented than nirvana ever was. They're def my fav band but i prefer their older albums.
              black keys are good; i think dan is an amazing frontman/singer songwriter, but he and cobain are different; as a band, the black keys aren't in that stratosphere. dave grohl was bonham reincarnated, not a knock on patrick, but he's not as good as dave was. he put nirvana over the top.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                Were they a great band to me? No. They were a very good band though. David Grohl is still doing his thing and is very successful. I was never really into the so-called grunge movement. Some of it I liked a lot, some of it I did not take to.

youre probably in your early 20s when they became huge.

i was 23 back in 09', and there werent any american band/song that had the same impact as nirvana.

theres a time i wished i was born in exact 1980 or late 70s so i'd be old enough to experience nirvana's hype.

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                I can't believe that question even got asked. Bowie is an ATG songwriter, while the only thing Cobain was good for was shotgun mouthwash.

PS. I despise Grunge.

Poet
                theres some grunge songs thats really good.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                  David Bowie is the most talented man to grace this planet.
                  this man might have something to say about that.

Comment

black keys are more bluesy. nirvana more punky..

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                    i never got into Nirvana...even when all my friends were playing their ****...i thought they sucked TBH

youre more into hip hop that time?

Comment

Originally posted by larryXdavid View Post
                      black keys are more bluesy. nirvana more punky..

youre more into hip hop that time?

i was actually deep into death metal and grindcore at that time...but i still liked a lot of mainstream music

Comment

Working...
                      X