• Celebrate the 40th anniversary of the greatest movie ever made:

Comment

"Goodfellas" was better.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
        "Goodfellas" was better.
        No it wasn't.

Comment

Not the greatest movie, but it is the best gangster movie ever made, probably the best Crime/Drama movie ever made, if that is even a genre. And of course, it has the greatest actor ever..Al Pacino.

Comment

"Goodfellas" was better.
            Naaaaa sorry. The Godfather is the best of it's kind.

It's not fair to compare Godfather to Goodfellas though, you're talking about a trilogy here.

Donnie Brasco and Goodfellas are better comparisons, Goodfellas is better than Brasco, but I like Donnie Brasco more. The team of Depp and Pacino worked really well.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Naaaaa sorry. The Godfather is the best of it's kind.

It's not fair to compare Godfather to Goodfellas though, you're talking about a trilogy here.

Donnie Brasco and Goodfellas are better comparisons, Goodfellas is better than Brasco, but I like Donnie Brasco more. The team of Depp and Pacino worked really well.
              If I cannot compare Goodfellas and The Godfather, then how can the thread starter say it's the best movie ever?

I can watch Goodfellas over and over again, while I have no intention of ever sitting through The Godfather again. That's why I believe it's a better film. I'll aslo take it's view of mobsters as very human buffoons over Godfather's depiction of pseudo-elegance.

I actually prefer Godfather II to the original.
              Last edited by jabsRstiff; 02-28-2012, 11:31 AM.

Comment

If I cannot compare Goodfellas and The Godfather, than how can the thread starter say it's the best movie ever?

I can watch Goodfellas over and over again, whil I have no intention of ever sitting through The Godfather again.

I actually prefer Godfather II to the original.
                I love Goodfellas, but it's simply not as good as either of the first two Godfather movies. It's just not.

Comment

I will celebrate by watching parts I and II upon returning from class this evening.

Comment

never seen it

Comment

Working...
                    X