Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RNS tried to make Ward-Shabranskyy. GBP turned it down?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am On Slava's team. And a 400k would have made the fight. And if the HBO budget is really so much lower then that, disclose it to the team and we would consider.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brilliant57 View Post
      I am On Slava's team. And a 400k would have made the fight. And if the HBO budget is really so much lower then that, disclose it to the team and we would consider.
      Good to know, thanks! Welcome to the 'Scene.

IMO a $400K offer would have been more than fair, especially given the reported $450k for Barrera, but as you say we don't know the budget - I'm assuming you've requested disclosure from Andre's team - it's hard to see Ward getting anyone better than Slava for the kind of $s they seem to be offering though. Anyway, best of luck to Slava - one of the best LHW prospects out there for my money - and hope to see him in some big fights in the near future.

Comment

• On
        Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
        Good to know, thanks! Welcome to the 'Scene.

IMO a $400K offer would have been more than fair, especially given the reported $450k for Barrera, but as you say we don't know the budget - I'm assuming you've requested disclosure from Andre's team - it's hard to see Ward getting anyone better than Slava for the kind of $s they seem to be offering though. Anyway, best of luck to Slava - one of the best LHW prospects out there for my money - and hope to see him in some big fights in the near future.
        You guys clearly don't understand how that works. He doesn't get disclosure from Wards team. That comes from his promoter GBP who, i'm sure, is aware of everything with HBO to Wards potential purse. That's an in house matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
          According to Fat Ass Dan Rafael, Ward may be back on July 9 or 16 if HBO has any money left. RNS approached GBP about Shabranskyy, but GBP priced themselves out.
          http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/p...valev-showdown

Would you guys be interested in a Ward-Shabranskyy fight for July?
          Not surprising.

Comment

• That's correct. The disclosure I'm talking about should come from our promoter. They have to disclose by law, on the night of the fight. Which is too late

Comment

• Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
              On

You guys clearly don't understand how that works. He doesn't get disclosure from Wards team. That comes from his promoter GBP who, i'm sure, is aware of everything with HBO to Wards potential purse. That's an in house matter.
              When you say 'you guys' you mean me... if Brilliant57 is part of Slavas team I'm sure he's got a pretty good idea already.

And yeah, I thought that was roughly how it worked, but ain't pretending to know exactly - it's just Brilliant57 was saying that Slava might have been willing to take a lower purse if the HBO money wasn't there but was looking for a fair split... I was trying to figure out how they could find out if they were getting a fair split. Maybe ask GBP then? - I mean... how do you resolve it? It's definitely not the first example of this kind of situation I've seen.

I mean IDK - I get that neither side in negotiations is willing to give up much information but if one side says look I'm willing to go lower, but only if you can prove to me that I'm not getting stiffed....? Or is it just a case of accepting or declining what's put in front of you - or maybe coming back with a fixed $ counter-offer?

Like I say I ain't pretending to know much about it but genuinely curious.
              Last edited by Citizen Koba; 05-08-2016, 01:11 AM.

Comment

That's correct. The disclosure I'm talking about should come from our promoter. They have to disclose by law, on the night of the fight. Which is too late
                Thanks, interesting to know. So essentially there's no room for saying 'we'll go lower, but not below 75/25 or 80/20'? You're just presented with a $ offer to accept or decline?

Comment

• Check out Chris Algieri and Joe Deguardia dispute, covered by yahoo sport news. This is a very similar situation. Gonna give you an insight on how crooked this business of boxing can be.
                  I got into this out of love to the sport, and sometimes I'm sorry I did. Ignorance is bliss...

Comment

Check out Chris Algieri and Joe Deguardia dispute, covered by yahoo sport news. This is a very similar situation. Gonna give you an insight on how crooked this business of boxing can be.
                    I got into this out of love to the sport, and sometimes I'm sorry I did. Ignorance is bliss...
                    Are you guys still negotiating with Ward's team?

Comment

Working...
                    X