Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are the Greatest Fighters who grew up in Middle-Class or Upper-Class Families?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Princemanzpoper View Post
    Yanks have an odd definition of what middle and upper middle class actually are.I'm guessing most who posted here are middle class white people themselves,because they must think any man of color who didn't grow up dirt poor in some ghetto was middle class and above.

It's amazing the middle class white boxing fans,who never worked a real day in their life will have the nerve to discredit some fighters who's parents weren't crackheads and actually cared for their kids.Erik Morales fans always provide the laughter when it comes to this.
    Originally posted by bklynboy View Post
    I guess it all boils down to what one calls middle-class. Ali came from a two-parent household with caring, loving parents but I wouldn't call a sign painter and a house cleaner middle class.

We can debate forever the divisions of welfare, working class, middle class, and wealthy.
    Originally posted by baya View Post
    no he ****en didn't.
    MJ baby, MJ.

He was King.

Comment

Marvin Hagler grew up in the ghetto. He lived in the projects in Newark and his family moved after the riots.

Ray Leonard didn't exactly grow up in a world of privilege either. Maybe compared to Roberto Duran or Manny Pacquiao, but even he didn't have a traditional American "middle-class" upbringing. He talked about how he and his family cherished new things they got and had to share clothes down the sibling line.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
        MJ baby, MJ.

He was King.

Jordan or Jackson?

Comment

Gene Tunney

Comment

i dont think its close....the klitschkos.i believe their father was a high ranking officer during the old soviet regime...they were groomed to be disciplined athletes from day one

Comment

Originally posted by Bright-Eyes View Post
              Jordan or Jackson?
              Hmmm, good question. Let's go with both.

Comment

Originally posted by PED User View Post
                Marvin Hagler grew up in the ghetto. He lived in the projects in Newark and his family moved after the riots.

Ray Leonard didn't exactly grow up in a world of privilege either. Maybe compared to Roberto Duran or Manny Pacquiao, but even he didn't have a traditional American "middle-class" upbringing. He talked about how he and his family cherished new things they got and had to share clothes down the sibling line.
                Don't all families do this?

Comment

Floyd Mayweather?

Growing up in slum areas doesnt necessary make you a better fighter in the RING. Maybe the road but not the ring

The fighters growing up now and maybe in 20years time when there 35 or so, I wouldnt think they would grow up in terrible conditions or low class families like past fighters due to how life is now.

Comment

Vinny Pazienza was a pretty good fighter who grew up middle class.

I may be wrong on this, but I believe Bobby Czyz grew up middle class. Can anyone confirm or refute this?

Comment

Working...
                    X