Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody actually think Chavez will be able to walk through Martinez punches

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
    Jr is going to get sliced up ala Pavlik he he thinks that he can walk through Martinez
    IMO this is what he's got to watch out for

bleeding.

martinez breaks opponents down. he is not a one punch knockout puncher outside of the second williams fight.

Comment

I think both of these guys get over hyped and it will be good to see whats what come fight night and even more as I'm neutral to both guys.

Im taking Martinez to get the win and I thought he might even get the KO, but Chavez Jr has changed a lot so it wouldn't surprise me if he walks through his punches early on and takes the fight to Martinez, but I give Martinez the edge in experience and craft, whilst Chavez is too open and obvious about his intentions.

Comment

I do Sergio has pop but he isn't a 1 punch knock out artist. I got Chavez walking through his shots and breaking him down to the body.

Comment

Chavez will be sluggish for the first few rounds, then the PEDs will kick-in.

Comment

Yes Chavez Jr will walk through them Martinez left hands
            Last edited by MrClutch85; 07-23-2012, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              IMO this is what he's got to watch out for

bleeding.

martinez breaks opponents down. he is not a one punch knockout puncher outside of the second williams fight.
              This is true. But keep in mind how Chavez looked after 12 vs Rubio. He was dead tired and stamina looked like **** in the later rounds.

I think the reason why that Williams KO came so fast was cause Martinez had already studied Williams for the first fight. We already know he's a smart guy and studies/adjusts to his opponents.

Comment

First couple rounds, maybe, but a good shot on the jawline or temple is going to ruin anyone's night.

Comment

yes, thats the reason i think he will get close to martinez whenever he feels..sergio will not handle the pressure and get broken down.. i say 10th round stoppage for el vaca dinero

Comment

I think it's possible that he could take Martinez's best punches and stay on his feet. We will all know after they fight because it's almost certain that Martinez will hit him clean and often with his best punches. I don't think it's so much a matter of Chavez weighing 180 as it is him being blessed with the ability to take hard punches. Maybe this can be inherited because his father had one of the best chins in history. Martinez hit Pavlik a lot and never knocked him down. I am not saying Martinez can't score a KO. I'm just saying maybe Chavez can stay on his feet and maybe Chavez can win the fight.

Comment

The Legend continues!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X