Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rate The Last Film You Saw!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This post may contain spoilers about Interstellar or Contact. Do not continue reading if you do not want any spoilers.

I think Contact and Interstellar are very different from eachother, I would not promote them as being alike. Contact is about human contact with other intelligent life and it also brings faith in god into the story. While Interstellar is humans thinking that "they" (aliens) are trying to help us get out of Earth and go to a safer planet by opening up a wormhole near us, that leads to habitable planets. But it ends up being that, it was never "they", it was future "us" trying to help our past selves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
      Anybody seen any decent comedies lately?.

I swear every single comedy that is released these days is some Kevin Hart or Will Ferrell garbage, that's just totally unfunny.
      Superbad. Not new, but damn that **** is just funny every time I watch it. Slightly immature humour in some ways so I suppose it's a matter of taste but Seth Rogen invariably is a funny bastard in all his movies. Jonah Hill also a very underrated comedy actor.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Ah, good to see you gave it a good rating. I see it didn't disappoint you. I would have liked to see a 9/10 from you, but 8/10 would do.

Contact is an amazing movie, one of my top 5 sci fi. But IDK man, Interstellar, damn. And did you read about the darker ending the film was originally going to have? Jonathan Nolan, Chris's brother, originally had a much darker story written for the ending for Cooper.

Matthew McConaughey has been in only two sci-fi films in his career, and they both happen to be ATG in the genre.
        well to be honest im still reeling my mind over Interstellar 12 hours after watching it

Interstellar will definitely improve after 2nd viewing i think. Lke someone else says here, it is a very unique film. It is similar to Contact in terms of tackling human emotions and relationships

haven't read that alternate ending yet. I'll google it though

Comment

• Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
          well to be honest im still reeling my mind over Interstellar 12 hours after watching it

Interstellar will definitely improve after 2nd viewing i think. Lke someone else says here, it is a very unique film. It is similar to Contact in terms of tackling human emotions and relationships

haven't read that alternate ending yet. I'll google it though
          This post may contain spoilers for Contact.

From what I understood of Contact was that it was about science and faith. Eleanor's(Jodie Foster) non believing ways because of lack of evidence of god and she is a scientist who only goes by evidence. Lack of evidence of what Eleanor went through put her in a position where she now felt what Palmer(Matthew McConaughey) and other religious people go through when he is asked how does he know god exists, he uses faith as the answer. In the interrogation room, Eleanor breaks down in to tears and uses faith as her answer as well, because she has no evidence of her contact with the alien. She talks about how her experience was "comforting" and she wishes everyone felt what she did. Same with religion, people use religion as a spiritually comforting thing. The movie was basically science vs faith but it didn't put down either of them, it just showed the similarities of them. Carl Sagan is a beast for that story.

Comment

• The Interview (CONTAINS SPOILERS):

Just barely got around to watching it I didn't have any high expectations going in to be quite honest, just thought of watching some brainless comedy for the night and I can honestly say this movie had me rolling from the very beginning on. The very beginning with Eminem coming out as a Gay man was gold, his complete serious 'idgaf' facial expression while 'coming out' was priceless. Loved James Franco's acting here, had me and the old lady rolling on the couch with laughter.

I also love how they played Kim Jon Un as a sentimental bad guy while slowly revealing his psychotic nature, really well played and great work.

Its a keeper seen it at wal*mart for under 10 bucks will be buying the next time I pay them a visit.

Comment

• The Wrecking Crew. Documentary about the LA studio musicians that played on just about every record from the mid 60's through the early 70's. Did you know it wasn't the Beach Boys that played on the Good Vibrations album, and it wasn't the Byrds playing on Mr tambourine Man?

Comment

• Just saw Interstellar **spoilers** I enjoyed it, not as sci-fi genre heavy as i thought it was going to be but visually it was spectacular. I wished more of the film took place on the alien planets, the effects were worthy of the hype. It did have a few silly moments that annoyed me, like NASA on the spot offering a job to a guy that just strolled up to them unannounced 5 minutes beforehand, and the whole cheesy love concept. Other than that a great film

8/10

I also saw some generic space horror called The Last Days On Mars. Not too bad but it was just like a poor "The Thing" set on mars.

5/10
                Last edited by BodiesInFlight; 03-22-2015, 10:05 PM.

Comment

• Interstellar was very good, I especially enjoyed the visual effects.

Some of the science was actually wrong, it was even silly in parts (i.e., the "we can go around that neutron star" comment and the idea of planets - including one with 80% of earth's mass - orbiting a super-massive black hole without being pulled in). But after all, that's to be expected - it's science fiction, not science.

It was a highly entertaining movie with some fine acting, especially from the women. Interstellar is better than 99% of what we see from Hollywood.

8.7/10
                  Last edited by The Hammer; 03-23-2015, 02:04 AM.

Comment

• Focus. The new Will Smith film

Dead average.

Comment

• 9/10 my type of movie

Comment

Working...
                      X