No announcement yet.

Fight Night Champion: Variations of punches including the jab

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fight Night Champion: Variations of punches including the jab

This sounds promising. I gathered this info from a blogger who's been testing FNC. Also it appears there are still some names unreleased.

Check this out:
    First and foremost, let's talk punching. I am a big fan of the Total Punch Control, and when I got to see how Brizzo and Mahar morphed the TPC to the new Full Spectrum Control, I think I peed a little in my test chair (don't tell EA). The only feasible argument for someone NOT wanting to use TPC in R4 is that the analog angles of some of the punches are evolutionarily impossible to pull off, thanks to our genetically inadequate gamer thumbs. With Full Spectrum Control, not only are all the punches just a "flick of the stick", there are MORE punches! Not just a jab, a hook and an uppercut but jabS, hookS, and uppercutS! The triggered animation depends on the way you flick the right analog. If you miss the jab a little, instead of a tight in and out jab, you might paw your opponent. Instead of the same old hook *yawn*, you'll now see different animations, depending on your analog input. Button users will still be able to punch but not with variation.

Another thing I read is that now you can paw with the jab if you want and there are variations of the jab from a paw to a lazy jab to a decent jab to a stiff jab to a strong jab.

check this out:
    The Jab (or in the words of Trinidad after Winky Wright...YAB) CU felt like it was suppose to feel. Times it gave me that chance to: 1) gauge my distance 2) Stop my opponent dead in his tracks. (ie Cotto was using that new quick step in lunge to hook me and I caught him flush. I wonder if there will be guys who have a bazooka jab that can stun you...hmmm?!?). There were times when I used the modifier with my jab to make it more definitive on someone whoever wasn't really a stronger jabber...(there are degrees of jab effectiveness folks...arm yourselves.... ). I snapped Cottos neck like a Pez dispenser one time.

Other instances if you are on the receiving end....man, it is no fun. I fought Reignmaka with Winky and he was (name concealed until announced) and he was just sticking it out there in my face and coming up with combos. It was kist discouraging to be honest. A video game jab discouraged me? WTF!

i think i might get back into gaming when this game comes out

Comment

Perfect, the jab has always been a big let down in boxing games. It sounds like they have it right this time. Hopefully....

Comment

i already reserved this game

Comment

When this comes out, I'll knock anyone on xbox out.

Comment

Originally posted by Subtraction View Post
            this guy

Comment

Jack will be cleaning house on xbox, and I, PS3.

Natas knows, i'm sure he'll be first...then reed, then mak, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Subtraction View Post
                Don't forget, I have Xbox. So this isn't true

You still have haunting memories from round 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Ether View Post
                  Jack will be cleaning house on xbox, and I, PS3.

Natas knows, i'm sure he'll be first...then reed, then mak, etc.
                  you dont stand a chance on the PS3 OG

Comment

Originally posted by Mersey View Post
                    Don't forget, I have Xbox. So this isn't true

You still have haunting memories from round 4.
                    I think I have more lifetime ownage of you than you have of me. Once I figured out your high guard it was curtains for you.

Comment

Working...
                    X