Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carl Froch "If Kessler rematches me in UK, I'll give him lions share of the purse!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That loss was not controversial.

I've always thought that Kessler-Froch II would be made next summer at City Fround, Nottingham. Now that Froch apparently is willing to pay Kessler I dont think anything but injuries could prevent the fight from happening. Not even losses to either fighter in their next fight.

Hell just sign for a trilogy!

But hopefully Ward steps up and travels to Denmark first.

Comment

Mikkel Kessler does not like tough fights.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Gotta respect Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          That loss was not controversial.

I've always thought that Kessler-Froch II would be made next summer at City Fround, Nottingham. Now that Froch apparently is willing to pay Kessler I dont think anything but injuries could prevent the fight from happening. Not even losses to either fighter in their next fight.

Hell just sign for a trilogy!

But hopefully Ward steps up and travels to Denmark first.
          It's been a while since I've seen the fight but I thought Froch got the best of Kessler. I wasn't pissed that Kessler got the nod because it was a close, tough fight. A rematch is definitely called for. I hope it happens soon. I definitely think Froch wins the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
            It's been a while since I've seen the fight but I thought Froch got the best of Kessler. I wasn't pissed that Kessler got the nod because it was a close, tough fight. A rematch is definitely called for. I hope it happens soon. I definitely think Froch wins the rematch.
            The reason for Kessler's uncharacteristic lack of precision was the eyeinjury that gave him doublevision when looking down or taking a punch. With 20/20 vision I reckon Froch will be stopped. Hell he was badly wobbled last time.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
              Agree with all of that..

Comment

Both Froch v Dirrell plus Kessler v Froch were close fights which could have gone either way.

Close fights are great but nowadays whiny babies like to scream robbery.

Still not sure how much Kessler has left. Would like to see him fight again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
                  In the UK, Froch will get a shady officials to work the fight (see Dirrell fight) and not get checked for PEDs (see the Bute fight).

That's why he wants it there.

I hope Mack beats him, but it's not going to happen.
                  Why the about turn on Froch, I thought you were a fan. Now you want Mack of all people to beat him. Okay...

Anyway, I think Kessler beat Froch in their first meeting as he was more active in the middle rounds, it was a tough fight though.

I don't think Kessler is completely averse to a rematch either, he mentioned it in a recent interview with Brian Magee.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
                    Both Froch v Dirrell plus Kessler v Froch were close fights which could have gone either way.

Close fights are great but nowadays whiny babies like to scream robbery.

Still not sure how much Kessler has left. Would like to see him fight again soon.
                    This is spot on. I gave the first fight to Dirrell but wasn't surprised or annoyed by Froch being given the nod. It was that close. The same goes for the Froch/Kessler fight, totally agree with the outcome of this one but I wouldn't really argue with someone who said they thought Froch had won.

Froch v Kessler II needs to happen and with Froch being a no nonsense warrior willing to take the short end of the bargain, I see no reason for Kessler to agree, unless this is all BS.

Comment

I have little doubt that Froch and Kessler are on very different trajectories with their careers. Froch has improved, and Kessler is on the decline. I picked The Viking Warrior the first time around, but I think Froch gets the nod on the cards if they rematch.

Comment

Working...
                      X