Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arum: "Mayweather-Maidana didn't even hit 800,000, it lost a lot of money"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't hear Espinoza, Floyd, or GBP, brag about the #s once.

Which can only mean one thing... It bombed and lost $.

I keep on saying it, GBP, Haymon, Showtime, cannot keep up the business structure they created, you can't expect to pay fighters this kind of $ and still pull a profit. It's impossible, and that's why it's all starting to crash on them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cgarcia View Post
      They're too embarrassed to announce the real figures, which is probably around 500K-600K. This site was like any normal day during and after the fight. The traffic was smooth as butter. I thought to myself, "Wow, this fight definitely bombed." The last Chavez fight was way busier.

They can't even settle for 700K-800K. They have to lie and make it appear it's close to a million, 900K. What a joke.
      there is a direct relationship between ppv sales and post fight traffic? the traffic was busy after the chavez/vera and manny/tim 1 fights because people logged on to discuss horrible judging decisions most likely.

Comment

• typical estimates for fraud's ppv events, his ppv increases by 200k each month.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cgarcia View Post
          They're too embarrassed to announce the real figures, which is probably around 500K-600K. This site was like any normal day during and after the fight. The traffic was smooth as butter. I thought to myself, "Wow, this fight definitely bombed." The last Chavez fight was way busier.

They can't even settle for 700K-800K. They have to lie and make it appear it's close to a million, 900K. What a joke.
          First time I've actually seen something like it. High profile fights usually generate huge traffic at NSB, PPV or not. You can't even see postings without logging in in some cases. Pac fights have the most traffic. They even last for hours and hours.

This particular fight made me think about the authenticity of these numbers. While Schaefer jacks up numbers, Arum does the complete opposite, maybe for tax cheating purposes, cheat Pac, or something... Pac/Marquez fights will always be huge. I was in one of them and it was packed like sardines. Weeks later, Arum reports numbers you don't expect.

Comment

• Who the hell is that guy talking to bob? Hes sure on mayweathers sack trying to defend him. Haha that fight did horrible and even with a "stacked" under card

Comment

• So they "lost a lot of money," like the thread title says. Any idea how much?

Comment

• Originally posted by JQside View Post
                So they "lost a lot of money," like the thread title says. Any idea how much?
                they're talking through their asses

Comment

Working...
                X