No announcement yet.

Breakdown how Ward wouldl beat Stevenson at 175

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breakdown how Ward wouldl beat Stevenson at 175

Imo ward is doing what floyd does at 147.
    And what GGG is at 160. Fight average guys ,dont move up to fight any real threat And let them clear themselves.

But breakdown how he doesnt eat left hands

Stevenson isn't Chad Dawson, but watching Ward in the 1st round against a FRESH Dawson, he looked physically weak, and vulnerable, until Dawson felt the effects of the weight drain.

I think Stevenson is a very live dog against Ward. Ward relies so much on his physical pressure.

Comment

Magnificent breakdown, very detailed and insightful.

Green K and points sent, will read again.

Comment

Ward is terrific at taking away his opponent's offense. He would smother Stevenson and take away that left hand. He has a great understanding of distance and how to keep his opponents uncomfortable.

From there it would be your typical Ward outclassing. Inside, outside, he'd be better at it all.

Comment

Average guys?
          Wasn't he a pretty big underdog in the super 6?

Comment

Golovkin would love to fight the top guys at 160, do not bracket him with Mayweather.

Ward doesn't have to move up if he feels 168 is his optimal fighting weight. How does he beat Stevenson? close the distance and smother his punches.

Comment

Stevenson has that style and the perfect weapon vs what style ward will need to use to effective.
              I can see kovalev vs stevenson being trilogy

Comment

Ward hugs him 300 times a round and wins a UD

Comment

Ward holds too much! And I don't care to see him fight anyone at 168. Needs to move up already.

Comment

I think Floyd, Ward, Stevenson and GGG (although, unproven thus far) are all great fighters. I also think a great smaller man loses to a great bigger man 99.99% of the time so, Stevenson>Ward>GGG>Floyd

Comment

Working...
                    X