No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Eyes Klitschko Fight in May, June in Germany

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
    "Fury is sloppy but he has huge power and uses his height very well"??? - There´s one major error in that sentence..
    wad up?

By sloppy, I mean by his defence, the dude gets lazy and lets his hand drop

he does use his height well, uses his jab as well to set up big shots by drawing boxers in. I think he will lose against wlad because he will not fall for that at all

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
      Wlad was ULTRA defensive in that fight, he landed one shot, grabbed or shot backwards to avoid any hurt

why? because he knew haye was very dangerous and was a good boxer, he played it incredibly safe

as I said before, anyone can get lucky with one shot at heavyweight, what happened to wlad happened to lewis, a stupid mistake that guys like peter made wlad pay

in terms of quality, haye has been wlads toughest fighter, I know you hate him but think of it subjectively mate

fury is a good heavyweight, he will give wlad a test, I promise you that. He can win because he has huge power but most likely wlad will win a decision

Just want to add, wlad fought the perfect fight vs Haye, if he was not ultra defensive, he could have very well and in my opinion would have been knocked out. But he fought smart, used his advantages, hit and then got in a very safe position, if haye got in, he grabbed him.
      If anyone was defensive that night, it was Haye: he had his back against the ropes all night. Haye did land a clean shot, his so-called 'hayemaker' on Wladimir but, it not only didn't knock him out, it didn't even knock him down. There is a big difference between cruiserweight power and heavyweight power. What I will say in Haye's defense is his head movement was very good and help him avoid multiple flush right hands from Wladimir, which would have knocked him out.

In terms of quality, Sanders is still above Haye, being a much harder puncher and almost as fast but with a better chin. In fact, Rahman said Sanders hit him harder than anyone ever did, but I'm guessing that was before the Lewis fight. Ibragimov may also have been better. Of course, Mercer and Rahman are better fighters than Haye too, but they were old men when they fought Wladimir so I discount them.

Comment

He'll give it a good go but ultimately lose. Don't think he's destined for the top but he's a good contender nonetheless and a very entertaining person, in and outside of the ring.

Will be interesting to see what's changed with him in a weeks time when he fights Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
          Haye wasn't Wladimir's toughest fight. Disregarding the 3 losses, Sultan Ibragimov and Samuel Peter were WK's toughest 2 fights, and the judges' score cards reflect this. So, at best, Haye was Wladimir's 6th toughest fight (although I would have him at 7th after DeVaryll Williamson); should the fight go ahead, Fury might be the 7th (or 8th).
          Wladimir was just as tentative as Haye in that fight, everybody is always quick to critisize haye because of their personal hate but golden boy wlad gets praise for being just as scared, if you watch the fight back you will find that the rounds are close with wladimir edgeing them. so was it his hardest fight in terms of physicality...no, but tactically yes.

Comment

Originally posted by knockoutking565 View Post
            Wladimir was just as tentative as Haye in that fight, everybody is always quick to critisize haye because of their personal hate but golden boy wlad gets praise for being just as scared, if you watch the fight back you will find that the rounds are close with wladimir edgeing them. so was it his hardest fight in terms of physicality...no, but tactically yes.
            Wlad fought the same way as he usually does when a fighter doesn't press him. As far as Fury is concerned, you don't prepare to fight Wlad by avoiding Price and fighting a collection of stiffs.

Comment

Tyson Fury is nowhere near ready for a Klitschko, he will get knocked out brutally vs either Klitschko brother. He probably knows this, he's just selling himself big time. Fight Price.

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
                If anyone was defensive that night, it was Haye: he had his back against the ropes all night. Haye did land a clean shot, his so-called 'hayemaker' on Wladimir but, it not only didn't knock him out, it didn't even knock him down. There is a big difference between cruiserweight power and heavyweight power. What I will say in Haye's defense is his head movement was very good and help him avoid multiple flush right hands from Wladimir, which would have knocked him out.

In terms of quality, Sanders is still above Haye, being a much harder puncher and almost as fast but with a better chin. In fact, Rahman said Sanders hit him harder than anyone ever did, but I'm guessing that was before the Lewis fight. Ibragimov may also have been better. Of course, Mercer and Rahman are better fighters than Haye too, but they were old men when they fought Wladimir so I discount them.
                What fight did you watch? Haye tried to get it in on Wlad all night, but Wlad made it a distance fight with his Jab. Haye didn't land a Hayemaker, he landed a straight right that buckled Wlad - suddenly he became 2 inches shorter for a couple of mins. Also, are you suggesting Haye doesn't have HW power? He made Valuev do a chicken dance and has knocked everyone else out bar wlad - who was hurt more from that punch in the 3rd than Haye was by any of wlad's shots and he landed on straight on Haye's chin. So apparently Wlad doesn't have power to KO a cruiserweight? I liked Sanders, may he rest in peace, but Haye would have won if those two ever met. He was nowhere near as quick as Haye and Haye is way more explosive. And they are more similar in size. Also, Haye KO's chisora, as true a HW as they come, with a wicked 5 punch combo. Vitali didn't even hurt Chisora once - plus he said Haye would probably beat Vitali. And if you read my post, I said DEPENDS how you look at it. Because Wlad's defeat & Sam Peter I came way before he was on the level he is at now. Just another note on the Haye - Wlad fight - Wlad was marked up way more than Haye was after the fight. And Haye won the last round. I think everybody needs to stop hating, because it wasn't as made as it is made out.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
                  What fight did you watch? Haye tried to get it in on Wlad all night, but Wlad made it a distance fight with his Jab. Haye didn't land a Hayemaker, he landed a straight right that buckled Wlad - suddenly he became 2 inches shorter for a couple of mins. Also, are you suggesting Haye doesn't have HW power? He made Valuev do a chicken dance and has knocked everyone else out bar wlad - who was hurt more from that punch in the 3rd than Haye was by any of wlad's shots and he landed on straight on Haye's chin. So apparently Wlad doesn't have power to KO a cruiserweight? I liked Sanders, may he rest in peace, but Haye would have won if those two ever met. He was nowhere near as quick as Haye and Haye is way more explosive. And they are more similar in size. Also, Haye KO's chisora, as true a HW as they come, with a wicked 5 punch combo. Vitali didn't even hurt Chisora once - plus he said Haye would probably beat Vitali. And if you read my post, I said DEPENDS how you look at it. Because Wlad's defeat & Sam Peter I came way before he was on the level he is at now. Just another note on the Haye - Wlad fight - Wlad was marked up way more than Haye was after the fight. And Haye won the last round. I think everybody needs to stop hating, because it wasn't as made as it is made out.
                  Wow, he wobbled Valuev for 3 seconds and hit Wlad with a solid punch. Not, much to brag about for the guy that claimed he was going to clean out the bums at heavyweight. And you even said it yourself Wlad dominated Haye with his jab, enough said!

Comment

Tyson Fury will make for a good highlight KO by Wladimir.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
                      Vitali was 40 years old when he fought Chisora. Do you think if Haye were 40 he would beat Chisora? It's actually amazing Vitali won as convincingly as he did considering his age.

Wladimir right hand on Haye in the last round hurt Haye as much as Haye's did Wladimir. Haye did his little dance to try to hide the fact, something Haye does does regularly according to Audley Harrison who spoke about it at the press conference before the Harrison-Haye, but he was hurt. The crowd didn't respond as loudly, but that doesn't mean anything. The British fans were much louder than the German/Ukrainian contingent.

Regardless, Haye can't be Wladimir's toughest fight if he lost 3 times and others have come closer to beating him than Haye did. Especially when these people fought Wladimir in his prime. It defies logic.

I have more to say, but I'll leave it there.

Comment

Working...
                      X