No announcement yet.

Brandon Rios vs Breidis Prescott

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Rios vs Breidis Prescott

Would you like to see this? I think it'd be a great way for Rios to debut at 140, he says he wants a tough fight for his ring return, Breidis is as tough as they come.

Rios: W30 (22) 70.97% KO Average, D1 L0

VS

Prescott: W25 (20) 68.97 KO Average, D0 L4 (1)

Rios is coming off of what is basically the first loss of his career, as he seemingly lost everysingle round to Abril, but of course the judges would see it differently...

Prescott is coming off of a highly competitive bout with Mike Alvarado, a fight in which he was winning until he got caught with a series of uppercuts in the very last round, where he would ultimately be knocked out. I believe Alvarado actually rescued that W because he was heading for a loss via decision. Breidis is also coming off of a 3rd round KO victory over some unknown fighter, a stay-busy fight I assume.

Also, this fight could serve as a build-up to Rios vs Alvarado if Rios were to win.
    Rios by KO
    46.15%
    Rios by Decision
    0.00%
    Prescott by KO
    38.46%
    Prescott by Decision
    0.00%
    Would be a Draw or No Decision/Contest
    0.00%
    I don't want to see this fight...
    15.38%
    Last edited by EdWins; 07-28-2012, 06:47 PM.

Prescott smashes him to pieces.

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=560665

^It has now been confirmed that Top Rank is actually looking to be very interested in possibly staging a fight between Rios and Alvarado. I think Rios should have a tune-up first, and although Prescott is a tough customer, I think Rios would be able to show his stuff without getting too damaged, and be ready for Alvarado in the next outing.

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
        http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=560665

^It has now been confirmed that Top Rank is actually looking to be very interested in possibly staging a fight between Rios and Alvarado. I think Rios should have a tune-up first, and although Prescott is a tough customer, I think Rios would be able to show his stuff without getting too damaged, and be ready for Alvarado in the next outing.
        I definitely wouldn't mind the fight, but Rios is going to take damage against everyone he fights...the clock ticks faster for those types of fighters. I actually think this layoff might be good for him, extend his career another year or so. Anyway, he seems pretty impatient in taking any tune-ups and he's said he wants a top guy right now so I guess Alvarado might be the fight for him......I think Prescott is almost a top fight and more dangerous than a tune up so they are both equally risky imo. if he's gonna go to war, might as well do it with more stakes on the line

Comment

Working...
        X