No announcement yet.

Pea, Roy or Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    It's Serling. Not as good, but had a lot more good segments than people remember if you watch it now and read the companion book An After Hours Tour.
    He had an interesting life... I forget the details.

Comment

• Shame this **** still happens in any thread mentioning Floyd, if you can make some kind of argument for Floyd - Pac going either way then at least make an attempt to argue it instead of just going straight for insults. Post a scorecard or anything.

It went from a semi decent debate to talking about the ****in Twilight Zone.

Comment

• Originally posted by wmute View Post
        "ad hominum"?? and you dare telling people they are not in your league!?!
        of course when all else fails go for the spelling! Please put me on your ignore list im beggin ya!

Comment

• Originally posted by NChristo View Post
          Shame this **** still happens in any thread mentioning Floyd, if you can make some kind of argument for Floyd - Pac going either way then at least make an attempt to argue it instead of just going straight for insults. Post a scorecard or anything.

It went from a semi decent debate to talking about the ****in Twilight Zone.
          Christo I never engaged in any debate about the fight, thats the whole point. I simply made a point about something auxillary and used the fight in an example. I certainly would understand if I made a statement about the fight as a point to be debated...thats not what I did.

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
            Christo I never engaged in any debate about the fight, thats the whole point. I simply made a point about something auxillary and used the fight in an example. I certainly would understand if I made a statement about the fight as a point to be debated...thats not what I did.
            Just gone back n checked my bad, skimming through this **** I got a bit confused, the point still stands though, you said something controversial and that you wouldn't back it up, then went too insults, if you have something controversial to say and that you're not willing to state why you think that way then of course you're going to get questioned, you can't just expect people to not question you, we all come here to debate and learn.

I could present more in depth analysis BUT keep in mind I am not of the opinion that Pac won! only that it was a close fight that could have gone either way.
            Look at this buffoonery
            And look at why someone comes into the history section to post...some newbie? some idiot kid?
            This is where the rationality went away, it's not your fault obviously he kind of insulted your opinion and you shot back I just got the wrong idea from the last few pages where this page has gone too absolute shite, could of let it slide or approached it in a different manner but I'm not behind your screen so **** it.

Comment

• Floyd beat manny, and it wasn't close.. I don't care what some so called boxing expert said, or your personal view of the fight..l floyd won easily 116-112.. It was basically a sparring session, and manny has no one to blame but himself. Anytime he let his hands go, he had success and won the round.. But he only did that in 4 Rds.. 4,6,9,10

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                Floyd beat manny, and it wasn't close.. I don't care what some so called boxing expert said, or your personal view of the fight..l floyd won easily 116-112.. It was basically a sparring session, and manny has no one to blame but himself. Anytime he let his hands go, he had success and won the round.. But he only did that in 4 Rds.. 4,6,9,10
                When the seldom few try to say it was a close fight it boggles my mind.

How was it close? I just can't understand that.

The fight clearly wasn't remotely close.

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                  of course when all else fails go for the spelling! Please put me on your ignore list im beggin ya!
                  Indeed. You fail at boxing, statistics... spelling is just a drop in the ocean.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    When the seldom few try to say it was a close fight it boggles my mind.

How was it close? I just can't understand that.

The fight clearly wasn't remotely close.
                    You watched a fight. Some people watched their hopes crumble in the worst way. Give them time.

Comment

• I should have approached billeau's statement better but hey...it's a ****ing dumb statement. And he knows it too, because he takes getting called on it very personally.

No one on their right mind thinks Pacquiao came close to beating Mayweather. Give credit where credit is due. For the longest I rated Pea, Roy and Floyd in that order. Roy at his peak beats anybody p4p IMO but Pea's accomplishments are insane. Floyd has surpassed Roy on my list. And if Canelo or Cotto go on to do big things, he may do the same with Pea if he hasn't done so already. That's how I feel today, I'm forever flop-flopping on these three.

Comment

Working...
                      X