Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN's Latest Pound-For-Pound List 3/18/14

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a fan of Gennady Golovkin but victories over Macklin, Stevens, Rosado, or Adama aren't p4p worthy. The potential may be there, but he doesn't belong on this list yet, as he hasn't defeated an elite fighter as of yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
      Yep that's his problem. He talks way too much. You don't see ringside judges talking. You don't see Harold Lederman talking to Jim Lampley the whole fight.

Then he goes on one of his rants even though he's the one who got it wrong.
      It's hard enough to score a fight, let alone score with all those distractions. I like Teddy's attitude, how he wants to clean up the sport, but he needs to cool it sometimes with the accusations. He really looks like a horses's ass when he goes on a rant and he's in the wrong. I think the ESPN idea of having viewers score on Facebook toned him down a bit. lol

Comment

this list doesn't make sense

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          It's hard enough to score a fight, let alone score with all those distractions. I like Teddy's attitude, how he wants to clean up the sport, but he needs to cool it sometimes with the accusations. He really looks like a horses's ass when he goes on a rant and he's in the wrong. I think the ESPN idea of having viewers score on Facebook toned him down a bit. lol
          I agree. The fans scorecards are usually spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
            Yeah but GGG beats the **** out of Garcia and Canelo head to head.

Pound for pound is about resume + imagination. If they were all the same size, who would win?
            But who has ggg bes to be top 10 right now lol. That's rediculous

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
              so danny gets kicked out of the top 10 because they think he lost..yet sergio is still there when many think he lost his last fight and been inactive for a year
              Most people on this site thought Sergio won (Lederman, ESPN, etc. also gave Sergio the fight) and he was fighting an undefeated top 10 middleweight contender.

Meanwhile, the vast majority of people on this site and in the boxing media almost unanimously thought Garcia lost to Herrera (an unranked light welterweight w/a 20-3 record). Further, the Showtime crew who are usually terribly biased unanimously gave the fight to Herrera.

Comment

Working...
              X