No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr: I Never Thought The Fight Was Close

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr: I Never Thought The Fight Was Close

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr is coming off a controversial unanimous decision win over tough veteran Brian Vera as many felt Vera did the better work and deserved the victory. The three judges ringside had Chavez comfortably winning with scores of 98-92, 97-93 and the closer card being 96-94.

Many media members and fighters in attendance also felt Vera should've been the victor but when BoxingScene caught up with Chavez Jr, he not only felt he won the fight but also felt that the fight was never close.

"No, I never felt the fight was close. I always felt in control of the fight. There were rounds, like when I hurt my hand, he was a bit more active in those rounds. But in all the rounds, I landed the power punches" said Chavez.
    [Click Here To Read More]

this is Chavez Jr's third or fourth article here, c'mon I want to hear Vera's side of the story.

Comment

It's okay Junior no one who watched the fight thought it was close either. Vera won by a wide and easy margin.

Comment

If you may have won only 7 rounds in your own words Jnr, then 1 less and it's a draw.

So how is that not close, you bumbling idiot?

Comment

Originally posted by Kris Silver View Post
          If you may have won only 7 rounds in your own words Jnr, then 1 less and it's a draw.

So how is that not close, you bumbling idiot?
          It was a 10 round fight, you mean 2 less and it would have been a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by boguz323 View Post
            It was a 10 round fight, you mean 2 less and it would have been a draw.
            Ah yeh lol my bad.

Shit so in hindsight on that quote of his, he thought he won 7 or 8 of the 10 rounds.

Guys deluded then.

Comment

chavez you sucks retired and shut up

Comment

Vera was only supposed to be an easy tune up fight for Chavez. Vera is a small middle weight from ESPN and should probably fight at 154...Chavez is a light heavy and got his ass handed to him...he looked terrible. If Chavez ever goes up against a light heavyweight say like Stevenson he gets KO's within 4 rounds.

Comment

looks like Jr has moved to harsher drugs, even the most righteous of cronic won't make you this stupid. Vera deserved the nod last night

Comment

Vera got robbed.

Comment

Working...
                    X