No announcement yet.

Who won Povetkin vs Huck?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who won Povetkin vs Huck?

Always nice to have a poll in close or controversial decisions. Personally I saw 7-5 for Huck, but there were a couple close rounds.
    Povetkin
    35.29%
    Huck
    38.24%
    Draw
    26.47%

i had 8-4 116-112 Povetkin. when i went on twitter i was suprised to see ppl had huck winning, i didnt think it was that close

Comment

I had a draw.

Can see Huck by 1.

Harder for me to see Povetkin by 1.

Comment

Povetkin won most of the rounds (at least 7 or 8) with clean, effective punching.

About half of Huck's landed punches were illegal rabbit punches.

That being said, the highly-skilled Povetkin was obviously not in good shape and he shouldn't have been bending over making it easier for Huck to land his clubbing rabbit punches.

Comment

I had it 116-112 or 115-113 for Povetkin.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            Povetkin won most of the rounds (at least 7 or 8) with clean, effective punching.

That being said, the highly-skilled Povetkin was obviously not in good shape and he shouldn't have been bending over making it easier for Huck to land his clubbing rabbit punches.
            i'm against dirty fighting and illegal tactics, but it went both ways in this fight. you can't spend half the fight bent all the way over with your head by the canvas. in situations like that i don't have problems with rabbit punches. huck wasnt forcing his head down in most of those situations so the fault is mostly on povetkin.

116-112 for huck by the way. there were 2 rounds that i could have swung in povetkin's favor (1, and 5 i think..definitely the first round though) to have a 114-114.

Comment

I had it 115-113 for Huck. There was a couple of close rounds so I have no problem with the decision although I find the score from the normally reliable Christodoulou to wide at 116-112 for Povetkin.

Comment

i threw away my scorecards from yesterday but i make note of the total score every 4 rounds.

i had it 38-38 after 4, 77-75 huck after 8, and i had given huck 3 of the last 4 rounds, povetkin winning the 11th.

good close fight though, i wont call it a robbery because it's one of those fights where it depends on what you like. nobody dominated and i don't have a problem with povetkin getting the nod.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post

Illegal is very questionable here since Povetkin deliberately ducked down to a position that exposed those areas (the back of the head/neck). That is similar to turning your back and the opponent hitting you in the kidney area or the back of the head. In these cases, the ref can actually take a point away from the fighter who gets hit!

Comment

I just watched the fight, I didn't check to see who won because I didn't want to ruin the outcome and I have never seen Huck fight before. That being said, I thought Huck clearly won the fight. He was a cruiserweight who came in and bullied Povetkin around the ring almost the entire fight. He landed the bigger shots by far and came close to putting Povetkin down a couple of times. At the end of the fight Povetkin collapsed on his stool and couldn't even stand anymore. I'm not saying that Povetkin didn't have some moments but he never hurt Huck and at worst it should have been a draw. Povetkin didn't win this fight and he looked like ****. He is going to get ko'd soon, it's just a matter of time.

Comment

Working...
                    X