Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arum: Oscar realises his CEO was looting his company, we're going to do great things

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
    I wouldn't mind if I never saw Rios or Alvarado again. They are not elite fighters.
    With the exception of Pacquiao most of the so called "elite" fighters are boring fighters usually involved in boring fights. I'll take watching Alvarado's last five fights over any of them.

I think you underrate them anyway, they'd be more than competitive with the GBP side of the stable. Maidana wasn't considered elite either and he almost beat FMJ (some feel he did).
    Last edited by Weebler I; 05-17-2014, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
      With the exception of Pacquiao most of the so called "elite" fighters are boring fighters usually involved in boring fights. I'll take watching Alvarado's last five fights over any of them.

I think you underrate them anyway, they'd be more than competitive with the GBP side of the stable.
      That's an interesting take on it. If elite level fights are boring than it comes with the territory. I would personally rather watch two elite level guys fight even if it is a so-so fight in the entertainment category than two brawlers who might just make it into the top 10 of a division. Entertainment is great, but I value significance as well. Entertaining fights are not hard to find on TV as TV Azteca and Unimas offer a lot of fights that feed the blood thirsty fans. Fights of significance are rare in boxing.

Comment

That's an interesting take on it. If elite level fights are boring than it comes with the territory. I would personally rather watch two elite level guys fight even if it is a so-so fight in the entertainment category than two brawlers who might just make it into the top 10 of a division. Entertainment is great, but I value significance as well. Entertaining fights are not hard to find on TV as TV Azteca and Unimas offer a lot of fights that feed the blood thirsty fans. Fights of significance are rare in boxing.
        A balance of both is ideal. I think we get that with Alvarado and Rios because they have been champions and are involved in title fights. You don't, because you don't rate them.

Comment

You're comparing Rios and Alvarado to some of the fights on TV Azteca and Unimas?

Comment

• Arum, is going to play ODLH like a fiddle and trick him into destroying GBP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
              "what has Schaefer done? he's got AIDS"

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™
                Arum is such an asshole... He just made it completely awkward now with Oscar by publicizing that.
                Oh please, like it wasn't awkward already? Everyone knew the situation, let's not try and act like we/they didn't.

I also find it funny how out of all of this, Arum is the one being insulted, not the people trying to practically leech Oscars company away from him... cmon.

Comment

• We don't see Todd Debuf try to steal Top Rank, like Shafer is trying to steal GBP. If Shafer is allowing Haymon to do business with GBP and Shafer is not securing fighters for the companey he works for than he isn't doing his job. Shafer has done a fair job its what he was brought in for, he's gotten his raise now he think he made GBP, haha.

Haymon is bad for boxing no way he can have the fighters best intereset with all the fighters he has been signing or keeping them busy.

Shafer should just leave GBP and start his own company. Delahoya built GBP to what it is today.

Comment

Working...
                  X