How much does Droid pay you?

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
      How much does Droid pay you?
      Free phones for life

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Rizzle View Post
        Rogy, I'm in a bit of a bind.

Long story short, I'm not happy with Sprint's data speeds. I know about the whole "network vision" thing Sprint is rolling out, improved 3G speeds with the addition of Sprint's new 4G LTE towers. This sounds all fine and dandy if they actually go through with it successfully. I honestly have no faith that Sprint is going to be able to roll this out successfully. I'm no business analyst man but every time I read about the latest Sprint news, there are consistent billion dollar loses each quarter. I just don't understand where they're pulling the capital from in order to really upgrade their towers.

My contract is up at the end of the year but the ETF is about $80 for me right now. I keep contemplating cancelling my line, buying an unlocked galaxy nexus from the google play store for $399 and going straight to tmobile and jumping on their $30 a month plan (contract free). Unlimited texts, data (though it's throttled after 5GBs but I usually use around 2.5GB a month) and 100 minutes ( i know, sounds silly but i'm never actually on the phone, i use about 20 minutes on average per month lol, no joke).

I want to jump! BTW, I know the unlocked galaxy nexus isn't LTE, it would run on tmobiles HSPA+ network (which from what i've researched is good for 5Mbps+ download speeds on average around here, sometimes more like 10Mbps which is a HELL of a lot better than sprint).
        Rizzo I HEAR YOU! I share the same feelings you do! Sprint has had a lot of broken promises over the last two years. In my opinion they had no idea how popular the HTC EVO would be and were totally unprepared for the amount of new customer they had. Their 4g was a failure! Their LTE is behind scheduled, and their speeds have not been so fast.

A lot of the blame for this, is the iphone. The new data from iphone sales on sprint has really hurt them and they have no answer for it. Att's stock has decreased since acquiring the iphone and it looks like the iphone is doing the same damage to Sprint.

The ONLY thing keeping me with Sprint is that I pay $140 total after taxes and insurance for unlimited everything and full insurance on both phones for two lines. That's $70/month each phone for unlimited EVERYTHING.

I take the good with the bad for now. I'm on wifi a lot so i can live with having to use their network every now and then.

You could sell your phone and it'll easily pay for your ETF. If it's really a big issue for you I would go to Verizon since it seems like it's great in your area (good in mine to) and they seem to have their network up and running great.

Sprint and Iphone and Verizon remind me of something. Just because you're first to something ( iphone, 4g) doesn't mean you'll stay on top. I think Sprint and Iphone thought that just being the first to do something was good enough taking for granted what the competition would do to them in the near future.

I'm not sure how much better T-mobile is to be honest i would ask around first, they even smaller than sprint.

Comment

Originally posted by ANDROIDISM View Post
          Rizzo I HEAR YOU! I share the same feelings you do! Sprint has had a lot of broken promises over the last two years. In my opinion they had no idea how popular the HTC EVO would be and were totally unprepared for the amount of new customer they had. Their 4g was a failure! Their LTE is behind scheduled, and their speeds have not been so fast.

A lot of the blame for this, is the iphone. The new data from iphone sales on sprint has really hurt them and they have no answer for it. Att's stock has decreased since acquiring the iphone and it looks like the iphone is doing the same damage to Sprint.

The ONLY thing keeping me with Sprint is that I pay $140 total after taxes and insurance for unlimited everything and full insurance on both phones for two lines. That's $70/month each phone for unlimited EVERYTHING.

I take the good with the bad for now. I'm on wifi a lot so i can live with having to use their network every now and then.

You could sell your phone and it'll easily pay for your ETF. If it's really a big issue for you I would go to Verizon since it seems like it's great in your area (good in mine to) and they seem to have their network up and running great.

Sprint and Iphone and Verizon remind me of something. Just because you're first to something ( iphone, 4g) doesn't mean you'll stay on top. I think Sprint and Iphone thought that just being the first to do something was good enough taking for granted what the competition would do to them in the near future.

I'm not sure how much better T-mobile is to be honest i would ask around first, they even smaller than sprint.
          the iphone definitely negatively impacted sprint's speeds. I know tmobile is a smaller company but the allure of $30 a month might be too much to handle.

verizon's 3G speeds are subpar (from what ive seen) as well, if i were to switch i'd have to get a 4G LTE phone. their LTE is LEGIT man!

good to see you around (btw, cant wait to play with an S3 in store )

Comment

Originally posted by r ! zilient View Post
            the iphone definitely negatively impacted sprint's speeds. I know tmobile is a smaller company but the allure of $30 a month might be too much to handle.

verizon's 3G speeds are subpar (from what ive seen) as well, if i were to switch i'd have to get a 4G LTE phone. their LTE is LEGIT man!

good to see you around (btw, cant wait to play with an S3 in store )
            I have not paid much attention to Tmobile. I might have to look into that. Is that $30/month on a contract?

Good to see you to. I've been back in school going for my masters and still working like a dog so I haven't had a chance to follow boxing like i used to 4-5 years ago unfortunately. But I will be at the Ortiz vs Berto fight next month!
            Last edited by ANDROIDISM; 05-14-2012, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ANDROIDISM View Post
              I have not paid much attention to Tmobile. I might have to look into that. Is that $30/month on a contract?

Good to see you to. I've been back in school going for my masters and still working like a dog so I haven't had a chance to follow boxing like i used to 4-5 years ago unfortunately. But I will be at the Ortiz vs Berto fight next month!
              ohh nice man! i'm happy for you bro.

(the $30 with tmobile is contract free). hopefully Ortiz nor Berto end up busting a Pedersone leading up to the fight. I cant wait to watch the rematch

Comment

Originally posted by piye View Post
                You come onto to BOXING FORUM and the only post you make are bashing apple. What's the last three you have made where you did not bash apple? You are a sad pathetic little man.
                Rogers the boy who the fck are you.

Comment

whats the best phone for metropcs?

Comment

Originally posted by Sifo Dyas View Post
                    whats the best phone for metropcs?
                    currently, i'd say it's probably the LG Esteem. it's a few notches down from the current top crop of android phones on the market but what do you expect from prepaid carriers?

anyway

it has a snappy 1ghz single core processor, i believe 512mb of ram, 4gb internal storage with expandable memory capability (microSD). overall, it runs really well, one of my good friends has it. the camera is good, nothing fancy, i think it's a 5MP, with a VGA front facing camera. The performance is more than satisfactory in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by r ! zilient View Post
                      currently, i'd say it's probably the LG Esteem. it's a few notches down from the current top crop of android phones on the market but what do you expect from prepaid carriers?

anyway

it has a snappy 1ghz single core processor, i believe 512mb of ram, 4gb internal storage with expandable memory capability (microSD). overall, it runs really well, one of my good friends has it. the camera is good, nothing fancy, i think it's a 5MP, with a VGA front facing camera. The performance is more than satisfactory in my opinion.
                      Somebody hire this guy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X