Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a nutshell:

Fedor have 1 fight left in his contract;
    M-1/Fedor wants to fight Werdum;
    Coker wont give him the rematch if he doesn't sign an extension.

That's basically it.

I don't think Coker will concede much this 'cause Fedor lost his 'invincible aura' and the M-1 can't use the fact the UFC was willing to offer a pompous contract anymore...

So: Either they sign an extension or we wont see Fedor fighting in the US anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by PopoFreitas View Post
      In a nutshell:

Fedor have 1 fight left in his contract;
      M-1/Fedor wants to fight Werdum;
      Coker wont give him the rematch if he doesn't sign an extension.

That's basically it.

I don't think Coker will concede much this 'cause Fedor lost his 'invincible aura' and the M-1 can't use the fact the UFC was willing to offer a pompous contract anymore...

So: Either they sign an extension or we wont see Fedor fighting in the US anytime soon.
      I tend to think it's just a lot of politics. It's unfortunate, but not much you can do. There are a lot of egos involved, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
        There are a lot of egos involved, etc.
        Nah, financial reasons, nothing to do with Egos.

M-1 without fedor = nothing.

They need him. That's the only thing that keeps M-1 alive. Since fedor lost his "invincible aura" they cannot/shouldn't try to hardball promoters anymore. Which --btw-- in the past caused a lot of organizations' bankruptcy, 'cause they were willing to do anything M-1 demanded in order to sign Fedor.

Coker knows that and wont concede much anymore. Either they sign the extension or they wont be able to restore Fedor's aura by defeating Werdum in the rematch.

Comment

Working...
        X