No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pavlik vs Rosinsky is Close For HBO Clash on July 7th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pavlik vs Rosinsky is Close For HBO Clash on July 7th

Promoter Lou DiBella has advised BoxingScene.com that super middleweight contender Will Rosinksy (16-1, 9KOs) has accepted the opportunity to face former champion Kelly Pavlik (39-2, 34KOs) on July 7th at the Home Depot Center in Carson, California.

[Click Here To Read More]

What a crappy HBO night of boxing. At least Donaire-Mathebula is an alright unification fight.

Comment

This is a really good step up for Pavlik, Rosinksy is tough, why the complaints?

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
        This is a really good step up for Pavlik, Rosinksy is tough, why the complaints?
        That's the problem.

Pavlik has wins over Miranda and Taylor, and has fought Martinez and Hopkins. Why does he need all of these ups for? He's 30 years old, not 20. Rosinsky was a good step up for Rodriguez, or any other fighter who's just being build up.

Alfonso Lopez, Aaron Jaco, Scott Sigmon, Will Risonsky, seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe-blow
          Step up? Pavlik fought Hopkins, beat Taylor, Miranda,etc.
          You beat me to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe-blow
            Step up? Pavlik fought Hopkins, beat Taylor, Miranda,etc.
            Step up from his recent opponents, this is actually a good fight in my opinion. Rosinsky is tough, durable and he can punch. It's a step in the right direction is where I'm getting at, from there on I would like him to face some of the top SMWs.

Comment

I kind of feel it should be obvious that they are trying to set up a Bute fight but the opportunity to get extra HBO exposure was there so they took it.

This obviously wasn't what Pavlik was asking for but it's a one month turn around and good exposure made on short notice because Top Rank and HBO needed a name fighter to replace Rios.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                That's the problem.

Pavlik has wins over Miranda and Taylor, and has fought Martinez and Hopkins. Why does he need all of these ups for? He's 30 years old, not 20. Rosinsky was a good step up for Rodriguez, or any other fighter who's just being build up.

Alfonso Lopez, Aaron Jaco, Scott Sigmon, Will Risonsky, seriously?
                But Pavlik did say he wanted atleast 2 or 3 tune up,s to be able to work more with his new trainer and adjust and all that. I think its a great idea.

Comment

he just has to stay active. get these tune ups outta the way, then get a real fight. hes not young so he needs to get these tune ups outta the way quick so hes still a little over 30 when he gets back into sum real fights.

Comment

Rosinsky can crack, and he has a solid chin. Pavlik gets hit ALOT. Should be a good fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X