Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sugar Ray Leonard fights on Youtube

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd has no power, Wilfred didn't have much either but Floyd has little to none! What has he scored KO wise? Three KO's in 45 fights, he has tko wins and who is he fighting? He stopped Hatton late and that's not a big accomplishment you say what happens when Hatton steps up.
    You need to to look at Floyds size he is a tiny welterweight 5'7"
    Wilfred was 5'10" as Ray was Tommy 6' 1" Sugar Ray 5' 11", Gavilan 5'10"
    most of the top tier welters in history tower over Floyd plus they have reach and power.

Leonard stops Mayweather by 11rd. the shoulder roll is useless against the "hot dog roll" hahaha!!!! Leonard is faster, bigger stronger and his corner is a plus too!

Nite all you Mayweather & Klitz bros fans good luck with your "dreams of your heros"!
    Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Mick6 View Post
      WTF are you talking about? Much props to Bonds. The point is a world champion in his prime fighting somebody who works a full time job and boxes on the side. Seems unbelievable.

And SRL is my all time favorite but that doesn't mean I can try to be objective when trying to compare him to today's fighters. But you are right in that Floyd is my favorite active fighter. I enjoy watching his immense and at least in these forums, his vastly underrated talent.

And if any of these posts insinuate I could beat any boxer mentioned in any of these posts then your reading comprehension is very poor.
      boxers didnt get paid nearly what they get paid today. just becuase a guy has another job on the side doesnt automatically make him a bum. bonds may have been overrated but I wouldnt call him a bum for trying to make a good living

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
        Floyd has no power, Wilfred didn't have much either but Floyd has little to none! What has he scored KO wise? Three KO's in 45 fights, he has tko wins and who is he fighting? He stopped Hatton late and that's not a big accomplishment you say what happens when Hatton steps up.
        You need to to look at Floyds size he is a tiny welterweight 5'7"
        Wilfred was 5'10" as Ray was Tommy 6' 1" Sugar Ray 5' 11", Gavilan 5'10"
        most of the top tier welters in history tower over Floyd plus they have reach and power.

Leonard stops Mayweather by 11rd. the shoulder roll is useless against the "hot dog roll" hahaha!!!! Leonard is faster, bigger stronger and his corner is a plus too!

Nite all you Mayweather & Klitz bros fans good luck with your "dreams of your heros"!
        Ray
        You make a great point in the size difference. Maybe Floyd vs Duran would be a better fight? Nevermind, I can guess your expert opinion on that.

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
          boxers didnt get paid nearly what they get paid today. just becuase a guy has another job on the side doesnt automatically make him a bum. bonds may have been overrated but I wouldnt call him a bum for trying to make a good living
          They said Bond's biggest payday before SRL was only $2k. He got paid $100k for that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick6 View Post
            You make a great point in the size difference. Maybe Floyd vs Duran would be a better fight? Nevermind, I can guess your expert opinion on that.
            Duran would walk through Mayweather. But I doubt Mayweather would have fought him if they were in the same era.

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
              well,,,he was world ranked. srl took on the best of the best in some extremely grueling fights so he was more than welcome to take on an overrated opponent in between. I dont see anyway how mayweather would have a chance against a prime srl. srl did everything at least as good as floyd but also hit harder,,,threw more punches and wasnt afraid to mix it up in there. his stamina was amzing. way too much in the tank for mayweather
              Plus Leonard fought the tough challengers, like Benitez, Hearns, Duran and Hagler and beat them all, while Floyd avoids those fights like Pacquiao, Cotto and Margharito in 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinC View Post
                Duran would walk through Mayweather. But I doubt Mayweather would have fought him if they were in the same era.
                Yeah, he'd "retire" and then come back a couple of years later when Duran was no longer a major challenge or relevant. In Duran's case, Floyd would probably have to wait a little longer though.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                  Plus Leonard fought the tough challengers, like Benitez, Hearns, Duran and Hagler and beat them all, while Floyd avoids those fights like Pacquiao, Cotto and Margharito in 2007.
                  yes! srl was leaps and bounds above mayweather despite all the money mayweather has amassed!

Comment

And I give Leonard more credit for the Hagler win than I used to. He shouldn't have bothered fighting Norris or Camacho though, he even admits that. He would've had a perfect record if not for those last 2 fights, beating everyone he fought, but the spotlight beckoned yet again, as it seems to continue to do so for Toney and Jones these days.

Comment

Working...
                    X