Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you imagine a Jordan lead team with the Lakers talent..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
    mj would just be jamal crawford in the current nba with the current athletes and modern defenses.
    you mean the suffocating hands-off semi-zone modern defense?

Comment

Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
      you mean the suffocating hands-off semi-zone modern defense?
      they actually play better d now.

the only thing is they let you foul harder in the old days.

a lot more trapping and secondary defenders make it more difficult to score.

25-30 years ago it was a man on man, position by position thing.

so if the guy on the opposing team at your position is not good on d, you're guaranteed a good night.

Comment

Steve Nash was more athletic then Jordan.

Seems that Tua and Swizzy agree on something.

Muslims and Jews. Cat's and dogs. Mustang and Camaro owners.

What is this world coming to????

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
          Steve Nash was more athletic then Jordan.

Seems that Tua and Swizzy agree on something.

Muslims and Jews. Cat's and dogs. Mustang and Camaro owners.

What is this world coming to????
          never compare me to that dum dum. that guy started watching nba only 5 years ago.

but it is true about the modern game being better. athletes are better now, training, coaching, nutrition, medical staff, etc.

the reason us older folks think the old days were better because it looked better. offense looked great because d actually wasn't. d looked tougher because they were clothelining ppl.

fact is, the greats of past will be great still in this era. jordan will still be jordan, magic, bird, etc.

but most of the average to good players 25 years ago wouldn't make it in today's nba.

the average to good players now would do very well in the old nba.

Comment

they actually play better d now.

the only thing is they let you foul harder in the old days.

a lot more trapping and secondary defenders make it more difficult to score.

25-30 years ago it was a man on man, position by position thing.

so if the guy on the opposing team at your position is not good on d, you're guaranteed a good night.

thats why most of the so called "defenders" today are also "floppers"

by taking out most of the physical aspect on defense takes away the intensity & the mental toughness of some players

Comment

never compare me to that dum dum. that guy started watching nba only 5 years ago.

but it is true about the modern game being better. athletes are better now, training, coaching, nutrition, medical staff, etc.

the reason us older folks think the old days were better because it looked better. offense looked great because d actually wasn't. d looked tougher because they were clothelining ppl.

fact is, the greats of past will be great still in this era. jordan will still be jordan, magic, bird, etc.

but most of the average to good players 25 years ago wouldn't make it in today's nba.

the average to good players now would do very well in the old nba.
              cmon man, how's game today being better, by driving the lane most of the time uncontested? doing double windmills?

i can only see more flashy moves, gone were the traditional bank shots, hook shots, 10-15 midrange jumpers

the greats of the past would still have better game today than most of these flashy ones because the are more fundamentally sound & knew the game better mentally

Comment

cmon man, how's game today being better, by driving the lane most of the time uncontested? doing double windmills?

i can only see more flashy moves, gone were the traditional bank shots, hook shots, 10-15 midrange jumpers

the greats of the past would still have better game today than most of these flashy ones because the are more fundamentally sound & knew the game better mentally
                the players in the nba before came into the league better definitely.

that doesn't mean they're automatically worse.

these guys now have so many trainers and coach's that they catch up pretty quick.

every sport that is mainstream and popular gets better.

the athletes and systems improve yearly.

Comment

thats why most of the so called "defenders" today are also "floppers"

by taking out most of the physical aspect on defense takes away the intensity & the mental toughness of some players
                  a foul is a foul.

whether you get to foul hard or not.... it's free throws.

flopping, as much as we hate it, is actually better defense.

fouling hard is 1-2 points for the other team, a flop is you get possession and a foul on them.

NOT fouling and letting the guy shoot is actually better than playing tough d and fouling.

most players shoot 40-50% on 2 pt. FG.

while most players shoot 75-80% on ft.

Comment

eli manning ****s on drew brees.

peyton too.

hell even archie.

i'd even take the older brother who doesn't play football over brees.

Sometimes I wanna hate ya but then you say sh et like this !!!

I don't make a habbit of kick'n a dog when he's down but that losing streak will still be intact after tomorrow night !!!

Comment

Originally posted by BERNIE'S CORNER View Post
                      Sometimes I wanna hate ya but then you say sh et like this !!!

I don't make a habbit of kick'n a dog when he's down but that losing streak will still be intact after tomorrow night !!!
                      lakers will blow out the knicks.

Comment

Working...
                      X