Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Rafael Marquez be inducted into Hall of Fame the future?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
    he is a HOFer. no doubt about it. he was also rated as a top 10 p4p fighter for a very very long time if I remember right.
    Depends how you define very long time.

He was in the Top 10 P4P for a few years, 3 or 4 years. As was Ricky Hatton.

Doesn't really mean much in the grand scheme of things.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Depends how you define very long time.

He was in the Top 10 P4P for a few years, 3 or 4 years. As was Ricky Hatton.

Doesn't really mean much in the grand scheme of things.
      it was a disgrace that hatton was ever in the top 10. he was listed in the top 10 the first time after he fouled the sh_it out of Tszyu for the whole fight. had nothing to do with boxing really. Marquez was a highly skilled pugilist, has nothing to do with Hatton-rough-and-tough-fouling kinda fighting.
      I think Marquez was in the top 10 for more than 4 years and hatton should never have been in it

Comment

it was a disgrace that hatton was ever in the top 10. he was listed in the top 10 the first time after he fouled the sh_it out of Tszyu for the whole fight. had nothing to do with boxing really. Marquez was a highly skilled pugilist, has nothing to do with Hatton-rough-and-tough-fouling kinda fighting.
        I think Marquez was in the top 10 for more than 4 years and hatton should never have been in it
        You're mistaken.

And, like I said, the same logic you are using for Marquez to be in the HOF means Hatton is a HOF'er also.

Ricky Hatton was actually once considered a Top 5 P4P fighter and was ranked above Marquez in the list for pretty much the entire time they were both on the list.

Comment

You're mistaken.

And, like I said, the same logic you are using for Marquez to be in the HOF means Hatton is a HOF'er also.

Ricky Hatton was actually once considered a Top 5 P4P fighter and was ranked above Marquez in the list for pretty much the entire time they were both on the list.
          Rafael Marquez 5 years in the top 10 p4p:2005,2006,2007,2008,2009
          http://www.theboxinghistorian.com/ri...-pound-history
          Hatton is 4 years on the list which is a joke imo. and hatton will also be in the HOF btw. I dont think he deserves it, but he will be.

Comment

He defenitely deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. IMO he is better deserved than Arturo Gatti, Hatton, or Ward..

Comment

Rafael Marquez 5 years in the top 10 p4p:2005,2006,2007,2008,2009
              http://www.theboxinghistorian.com/ri...-pound-history
              Hatton is 4 years on the list which is a joke imo. and hatton will also be in the HOF btw. I dont think he deserves it, but he will be.
              Hatton was on the list also in 05, 06, 07, 08 and 09.

So, both were on there for 5 years.

Comment

Hatton was on the list also in 05, 06, 07, 08 and 09.

So, both were on there for 5 years.
                why is this now about Hatton? you wanted to prove me that Marquez was NOT longer than 4 years on the list. and I proved thats not true. and Im not sure if Hatton was on the list 2009 but it doesnt matter cause Hatton should never have been on the list EVER. hatton is not bad or anything I just think he never was p4p material. but he had some skills too, but it was all dirty, rough and tough style with rabbit punching, lowblows and all that other crap. not a p4p fighter to me

Comment

Of course, One of the best 118 pounders of modern times.

Comment

Man, he should get in for Vazquez trilogy alone, that's what boxing is all about right there son. Put it all on the line, one win i remember is against "too sharp", had to give him props.

Comment

Yeah, I'd say so.

Comment

Working...
                      X