Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haye to pay Povetkin step a side cash, is Haye scared

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am not sure about tyson knocking out lennox within 3 rounds, it could happen because lennox got KO'd by 2 lesser punchers, but tyson got schooled even in his prime by douglas, u never know.
    what we know is: avoiding a dangerous opponent, and fight him past prime only for the money is not a good idea.

why did don king offer lennox money to step aside?
    and why did lennox accept the money instead of fighting tyson?
    doesnt matter how u look at it, lennox is the winner at the end, he got the 4million$ for doing nothing.

Comment

your all running for cover, the link from the New York Times dated 1996 tells it how it really was yet the British are running for cover, the only claim to fame that they ever had for Lennox Lewis was the old line "Tyson wouldn`t fight him in 96 so paid him to step-a-side" But the truth is there in black & white and because i put it up in a link on this topic the Lewis nuthuggers are now trying to ridicule & trash me personally because i have burst their little bubble, yet i have said it for years that it was Lewis who wanted nothing to do with fighting that version of Tyson back in 96.. Lennox Lewis is a British/Canadian thing, just like David Haye is a British thing, the same people who claim Tyson was scared of Lewis wont now say that Haye is scared of Povetkin... talk about double-standards

Comment

Don't think anyone is scared of anyone here.. If Povetkin was in Wlad's shoes, he'd be offering Wlad step aside money instead.. Haye's made no secret that he's only in it to become undisputed champ and retire.. Besides, Povetkin hasn't exactly been active of late and the last I heard, he didn't even have a trainer..

Comment

i think haye knows povetkin is a threat for him , so he'd rather face the obviously more dangerous but also more financially rewarding wlad first , and postpone the povetkin danger for later , or even hope povetkin will be beaten by someone else meanwhile and give him an excuse to duck povetkin.
          however , povetkin had just done a good deal , as he is payed to do nothing.
          i also think haye is dangerous for povetkin , and povetkin was and probably is still scared himself from wlad . povetkin as wlad's long time mandatory kept staying out of trouble by taking on weak hitting fat lightheavyweights closer to his own size.

Comment

Working...
          X