No announcement yet.

Was Freddie Roach wrong on saying Bernard Hopkins should retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HEND View Post
    No he wasn't and IMO based on Roach interviews, he should retire from coaching earlier than Hopkins from boxing. That tells a lot.
    i agree with this post.

Comment

Yes, Freddy Roach was absolutely wrong about that. You shouldn't retire just because you lose to a legend. You take the L and move on. Learn from your mistakes. Don't give up.

Comment

Freddie Roach is a good trainer, but when it comes to making predictions & dishing out career advice he seems to be way off..almost always. He said that Manny is gonna KO his opponent in X round/Manny's got his fire back etc etc before every Manny fight in the past years...that never happened. Manny did put on an exciting performance but came no where to KO'ing his opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by gamefrk View Post
          Freddie Roach is a good trainer, but when it comes to making predictions & dishing out career advice he seems to be way off..almost always. He said that Manny is gonna KO his opponent in X round/Manny's got his fire back etc etc before every Manny fight in the past years...that never happened. Manny did put on an exciting performance but came no where to KO'ing his opponents.
          its his job to say those things about manny.. manny is his star fighter, what is he gonna say? pac is slipping? not doing good in training? most of the stuff from roach nowadays is just politics. for example if roach doesnt like a certain trainer or fighter then he will go against them even if he knows that trainer or fighter is way better than his opponent. i think if u sit down and really talk boxing to roach u will be suprise at how much he really knows.

Comment

the beating he recieved against calzaghe should have ruined any fighter. its a miracle he came back to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
              its his job to say those things about manny.. manny is his star fighter, what is he gonna say? pac is slipping? not doing good in training? most of the stuff from roach nowadays is just politics. for example if roach doesnt like a certain trainer or fighter then he will go against them even if he knows that trainer or fighter is way better than his opponent. i think if u sit down and really talk boxing to roach u will be suprise at how much he really knows.
              Maybe he's saying all that coz Manny is his star pupil. The point I was trying to make was...don't believe what Roach says to the media, at least I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
                he's not techincally wrong for suggesting bernard to retired. its not like bernard is only 23 or something.
                ...but Roach wanted Hop to retire cause he thought Hop was going to get punished by Pavlik. He thought Hop woulndn't have a chance so yeah Froch was definitely wrong.

Comment

Roach says a lot of stupid things, and even throws his own fighters under the bus with the recklessness in which he speaks. I only kind of don't hate him, because he trains Manny.

Comment

I just don't think Freddie was fully aware of the quality of designer PED's and the advantages they can give when he made that statement.

Comment

Working...
                    X