No announcement yet.

20 BEST Lead Singers Of ALL-TIME

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 BEST Lead Singers Of ALL-TIME

According to the most recent Rolling Stone reader's poll. Just for the record, I did not vote.

1. Robert Plant
    2. Freddie Mercury
    3. Bono
    4. Mick Jagger
    5. Jim Morrison
    6. Roger Daltrey
    7. Eddie Vedder
    8. John Lennon
    9. Chris Cornell
    10. Kurt Cobain

Your thoughts; any additions or omissions you would make?

1-Star'd in a couple minutes,

I should probably post the link;

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ph...-time-20110412

Comment

Originally posted by Stones! View Post
      According to the most recent Rolling Stone reader's poll. Just for the record, I did not vote.

1. Robert Plant
      2. Freddie Mercury
      3. Bono
      4. Mick Jagger
      5. Jim Morrison
      6. Roger Daltrey
      7. Eddie Vedder
      8. John Lennon
      9. Chris Cornell
      10. Kurt Cobain

Your thoughts; any additions or omissions you would make?
      Cant think at the moment who else to replace this people: Cornell, Vedder and Cobain.

Is this category all male? If not Janis Joplin should be here.

Comment

Originally posted by led View Post
        Cant think at the moment who else to replace this people: Cornell, Vedder and Cobain.

Is this category all male? If not Janis Joplin should be here.
        The poll is not gender-bound, so you can add female singers - but I agree, Cornell is trash.

I'm sort of on the fence with Cobain, I never liked grunge but I quite like his vocals on several tracks - a very emotive singer.

What are your thoughts on Cobain as a singer?

Comment

The poll is not gender-bound, so you can add female singers - but I agree, Cornell is trash.

I'm sort of on the fence with Cobain, I never liked grunge but I quite like his vocals on several tracks - a very emotive singer.

I was a die-hard nirvana (almost anything with beatlesque melody) but I think Cobain doesnt deserve to be there. His voice delivers angst youth can relate to. I like him, but being in top 20 where his voice is limited to screaming, I dont know (Ive also his unplugged album where his voice sways to notes and his kinda pitchy and nasal)

Comment

Cobain was a very talent dude.

He was so talent that a very close friend of mine changed his name legal to "kurt"

Personally the list is great, although I feel its missing something....perhaps more brothers like james brown or darius rucker would make it complete.

Comment

Originally posted by BabySquirrel908 View Post

He was so talent that a very close friend of mine changed his name legal to "kurt"

Personally the list is great, although I feel its missing something....perhaps more brothers like james brown or darius rucker would make it complete.
              That's a pretty die-hard fan, mate.

There is definitely room for some "brothers" to make the list.

Comment

Originally posted by BabySquirrel908 View Post

Yea. James brown should be on the list. I dunno there are too many that should be there like Steven Tyler, Gene Simmons, Axl Rose, Anthony Kiedis, Ann Wilson and Natalie Merchant.

Comment

Originally posted by led View Post
                  I was a die-hard nirvana (almost anything with beatlesque melody) but I think Cobain doesnt deserve to be there. His voice delivers angst youth can relate to. I like him, but being in top 20 where his voice is limited to screaming, I dont know (Ive also his unplugged album where his voice sways to notes and his kinda pitchy and nasal)
                  I think his vocals on his unplugged album were some of his finest, considering he killed himself shortly afterwards I think that may have added a chilling and ominous feeling to the recording in hindsight, but a performance like Where Did You Sleep Last Night? would be just as powerful if he hadn't pulled the trigger. I like that slight raspiness in his voice on the unplugged sessions.

Most of Nirvana's more well-known songs are high-charged, but I've shown an affinity towards their much slower tempo songs. Essentially, songs like the example posted below, enabled Cobain to broaden the scope of his musical vision and illustrates his diverse range of vocal expression.

However, I think Cobain can definitely be left out as there are plenty of other worthy names.
                  Last edited by PEBBLES!; 04-15-2011, 08:53 AM.

Comment

BTW, led, you always have awesome gifs in your sig.

Keep changing them up

Comment

Working...
                    X