Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i ain't saying the terrorists should have attacked us...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mizzou View Post
    A lot of people don't appreciate how easy they have it as far as food, water, and shelter.
    exactly! i've noticed that, people in general, have certain....negative traits. and one of the BIGGEST negative traits is that they will demand a mile if you donate them an inch. yet, had that inch never been donated then they would have been completely content. it's only after donation that they become frustrated at the act of charity.

an admirable talent in life that i have yet to obtain is the ability to be sincerely kind hearted but without having the majority of your kind gestures being interpreted as weakness. that's a tough balance. hell, i dunno too many HISTORICAL figures that have passed that off...

Comment

I do agree with you that we aren't united as we should be...
      you can blame Bush for that though. He did an excellent job of dividing America.
      It was his way to re-election. He pretty much alianated the left.

Comment

Jealousy. Everyone one likes to hate the guy in the top spot. Just look as sports.
        I don't for a minute that that is the reason. I'd be more inclined to go with frustration. When you see somebody doing something badly, and you are certain that they have the capabilities and resources to do it so much better, wouldn't you be frustrated?

Comment

Originally posted by El Gallo Negro! View Post
          I don't think hes saying its justified in any way, only explaining how he can see the point of view from the other side.

Many people here have felt this was a long time coming. And when I say that, not that we here deserved it, but only because it hadn't happened here, yet. Only americans in general felt that they weren't a part of the rest of the world.

That gave them a false sense of security when it came to terrorism.
          well kinda....

it's not that we've ever felt INVULNERABLE to terrorism. if a major devastation doesn't happen first-hand then it's only natural that you're not going to put it on the top of your priority list of **** to worry about.
          it's like a drive-by shooting in suburbia. simply not expected. but my point is that there SHOULD be a lesson learned, just like with this economic mess. and, just like with the economic mess, the lesson to NOT learn is "let's blame and go on a witch hunt!!!"

Originally posted by Roger Yomama View Post
          How come you've only just noticed that the majority of the world really doesn't like the USA? It isn't a closely guarded secret bro!! It's been that way for many, many years not just in the aftermath of 9/11
          don't get me wrong. i've known the rest of the world doesn't care for us for quite some time. but i've also known that most of the reasons they don't like us are dip**** reasons by people that can barely write out a sentence. i'm not saying i'm starting to side with these mouth breathers. i'm just sayin that, the more i look around my community, the more disgusted i am with the people that reside in it.

I doubt I would like to live in your area of the country. Too much blatant materialsm.

Where have you been lately?
          and maybe it is the area i live in. there are a lot of people here who's life is proof that medical insurance should include family abortion solutions.
          been around but now that i got this company phone i've been just shootin the **** with people on the yahoo chat thing. i barely even use this laptop anymore.....cept for ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Howlin' Wolf View Post
            I do agree with you that we aren't united as we should be...
            you can blame Bush for that though. He did an excellent job of dividing America.
            It was his way to re-election. He pretty much alianated the left.
            that is 1 factor but you can't lay blame to one person, or even 1 group, for what's going on here. see i think that's the problem. we put too much emphasis on public figures. was Bush really the problem or was it the fact that we ALLOWED one guy to divide us?

this country was founded on basic hard-working principles and values. and a lot of these values have defined the other strong nations in history: pride of duty, bond of community, respect for leadership and core family values. these are all but a joke now, not because of G.W., but because every child born after 1975 was raised on television and led to believe that they are elite and entitled. it's all about ME and not about US and that is the core of the problem in my opinion.

Originally posted by Roger Yomama View Post
            I don't for a minute that that is the reason. I'd be more inclined to go with frustration. When you see somebody doing something badly, and you are certain that they have the capabilities and resources to do it so much better, wouldn't you be frustrated?
            i actually think it's a little bit of both. there is no country out there that isn't severely screwing **** up. it's just a matter of where you focus your research on. 1 guy can research the **** outt've what America is doing wrong and come up with a pretty good thesis on it. that same guy can research what we're doing right and have just as convincing an article. and the same goes for any other country.

we are doing things wrong but i think the core resides in the way the majority of our citizens (and citizens of other developed nations) look at themselves. i think the global politics, economics, and other backlashes occurring are just byproducts of this.

Comment

Working...
            X